The daily life of cats

Maisey turned 1 year old today! I love this lil cat :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

A friend grew catnip last year (in a protective cageā€”she has 4 cats), dried it, and shared some with me. This ā€˜nip is WAY more potent than commercially available product and my three little stoners just love it!! :heart_eyes_cat: I think Mighty Mouse likes his ā€˜nip even more than ā€œcoffee timeā€ (a good size slurp of half-n-half he now expects whenever he hears the coffee grinder). :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s MM chillaxing in a cardboard ā€œbowlā€:

5 Likes

I was sitting, cat-like, in the sun by the front door enjoying my afternoon coffee when some of the neighborhood kids walked by. We started chatting when MM joined us and allowed himself to be petted! My three old guys loved all the attention and sometimes the kids would ring the doorbell just ā€˜cos they wanted to ā€œpet kittiesā€. I was really surprised that MM decided to be social. Alas, Leo and Miss Sophie do not like such attention! :cat2:

3 Likes

Pumpkin being cute

6 Likes

Pumpkin has a very sweet face. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Sheā€™s got a cute little face , sheā€™s so petite lol

3 Likes

Pumpkin is so beautiful. She looks very comfortable on top of the sofa, too!!

2 Likes

Just got back from the vetā€™s: Mighty Mouse likely has 2 abscesses from fighting with wandering cats. :scream_cat: :crying_cat_face:

ETA: His fever broke overnight and heā€™s eating again. He is also very grumpy because I wonā€™t let him go outdoors!

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a pic I took in Gibraltar, which is crawling with cats. They are everywhereā€¦ semi wild.

4 Likes

Cool pic.

I recall my trip to Amsterdam, (1982), and lots of cats!

3 Likes

Turkey, back in the 70s and 80s was inundated with cats! So much so, when I got assigned (USAF back then), we didnā€™t take our dog with us. Apparently many folks believed the next great ruler (aka Ataturk) of Turkey would be bitten on the heel of the foot by a cat. Many wore shoes with heals pushed in or even cut out to allow easier access. As a result, cats were everywhere! You didnā€™t dare approach a trash can without giving it a good check firstā€¦ Iā€™m sure every region has similar peculiaritiesā€¦

4 Likes

Bosnia, during my first deployment in the mid 90ā€™s was also inundated with stray cats. We had to set up base and they were everywhere. Our company CSM decided to poison them allā€¦it was a horrid sight to watch. I still have the article I submitted to the ā€œStars & Stripesā€ newspaper calling out that atrocity. The commander called me to his office and apologized for it and the CSM got into trouble for doing it. I still have the newspaper article somewhereā€¦If can find it Iā€™ll link it. Was so sadā€¦you cannot imagine the sightā€¦

I didnā€™t see any cats on the base I was deployed to in Turkey (Incirlik) that I can recall. But it was an older and established Airforce base)

1 Like

Hereā€™s a cat hunting frogs in a pool at the Alhambra in Grenada Spain:

5 Likes

Beautiful kitty, and love how you captured its reflection in the pool!

4 Likes

@ClaudnDaye When were you at Incirlik? I was at Izmir, 6ATAF (NATO), as the HQ Security Officer and served as a Targets Intelligence Officer, served as a TACEVAL Inspector of security at Incirlik in 1984. Youā€™re right, I donā€™t recall seeing the cat issue there, but Iā€™d bet it was in town.

2 Likes

I was deployed there in 1999 in support of operation northern watch.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my 3 snoozing at the screen door.

It will soon get too hot to leave the door open for them.

5 Likes

They look so comfy! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes