The daily life of cats

We call this state “catalapsy”! :smile_cat::smile_cat:

3 Likes

Biddy bird watching

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to post this picture until I looked at it on my tablet. Our Biddy girl took over the kitchen trash can before I could put a bag in it. There on the floor is something we are all familiar with.

7 Likes

Ah yes! Just about any box looking container…including the pantry, you know, behind the 24 can cola boxes or napkins…UNLESS there’s an available elastic hair band…you know, the kind that will attack if not controlled by claws and teeth, tossed about like a Great White playing with a seal!

4 Likes

Bubba is now getting his toenails clipped so he can have car rides again….I managed to clip a few of them and gave him kisses and rubs in between……figured tust would be good for him to know it’s an ok thing….never clipped toenails before on a cat so I was nervous…I think I did good……my boyfriend will have to clip them for me on the ones I didn’t do….he misses his rides as he keeps staring at me and keeps rubbing on my boyfriend , etc….he will fry his rides again

3 Likes

I did Sheelah’s fronts. I use a regular fingernail clipper. I was wondering what others use. Fortunately her nails are nice and clear and she is short hair. The other two are hobbit cats, very furry feet making it had to see what I am doing.

2 Likes

My boyfriend gave me the ones you use for dogs and cats……so I. Tried those….I’m still nervous about trimming them…I guess I’ll get use to it…not sure how often to clip them tho

2 Likes

I only trim when they start curving. Only cut the clear,that way you avoid the quick.

2 Likes

My boyfriend said to avoid the quick….I’ll get use to it I guess….little bit st a time until he trust me to clip them all at the same time

1 Like

I use these (recommended by my crazy cat lady friend):

2 Likes

Oh, the crazy cat lady, I understand. There’s always someone more so than us. :smile_cat:

Thanks, I will look into those.

2 Likes

My friend is a vet tech who cares for rescues with health issues…and often adopts them. Three have cerebellar dysplasia, one is blind, several are oldies that needed homes, and then there are often bottle-fed kittens running around who are in need of forever homes. She also maintains a feral colony on her farm. Yup, crazy! :scream_cat: :smiley_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Just wanted to clarify that you weren’t projecting. My wife is the crazy cat lady, but she says it’s me. :cat: :rofl: :smiley:

And kudos to that lovely soul of a vet tech. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

“I don’t care that you need to get up. Don’t move my pillow!”, says Sheelah.

6 Likes

Can you tell where Manny ends and Sheelah begins.

5 Likes

My SIL and brother just adopted this pretty girl, Nala. She is very shy but loves to cuddle. :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

That’s a pretty kitty!

I got Maisey a new tree, it’s huge, like a few Maine coons could use it at once. But she’s 1 year old on the 4th! So I think she deserves it.

She looks happy about it:

5 Likes

The Stripies found a tube of glucose tablets while I was resting my eyes. They managed to get it open having great fun playing with the tablets. There were 8, I found 5, the tube, but not the cap.
Sweet little bratskis, gotta love ‘em. :smile_cat:

I hope we find the missing tablets, but not by stepping on them.

2 Likes

Cats make toys out of almost anything and everything!! :smile_cat: :smile_cat: :smile_cat:

2 Likes

One of ours loves my wife’s elastic hair bands! He actually plays fetch with them: we throw he runs and plays for minute tossing it in the air then brings it back to start over! Last night he brought to us in bed; wife put in a nightstand drawer. He found another and brought to us, same result. This happened two more times! The hunt is on for his stash!

4 Likes