Sad news

I recently learned over on TuD that a member of both of our communities, AmyMC, recently passed away. Amy was an active contributor to our cat lovers’ thread and posted many photos of Taranga and Bubba. She also enthusiastically admired other members’ cats and shared in all our joys and sorrows. Amy will be dearly missed.

The daily life of cats

16 Likes

Oh, I am sad to hear that. I didn’t know that was the same Amy. But I remember the cat name Taranga.
:cry:

3 Likes

Here is the post from TuD:

5 Likes

Took a bit of detective work: when I checked her avatar photos, I saw they matched.

4 Likes

Wow, that is heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing it with us.

3 Likes

She was such a lovely person and her contributions never ceased to bring a smile to my face. Especially the cat driving photos which always captured a special side of her cats. She will be missed.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry to hear that. What a loss for the world. :frowning:

4 Likes

Sad news is right, I really enjoyed Amy’s posts. May she Rest In Peace. I have lost 4 friends over the years to type 1 & 2.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Very sad.

3 Likes

Oh no :crying_cat_face: . I frequent her cat thread so I hate to hear she’s no longer with us. Her family, including the kitties, are in my thoughts.

3 Likes

@CatLady Thanks for letting us all know. It’s amazing how quickly we can build friendships on-line and not realize the depth of them until new like this impacts us…

3 Likes

I have been thinking about Amy’s cat, Bubba. She was reluctant to adopt him so soon after losing Taranga and yet she grew to love him so much. I can only imagine he’s feeling lost and bewildered and hope a loving friend or family member comforts and adopts him. :cat2:

4 Likes

Wow, so sad to hear this. I loved her Cat posts. Yes, Bubba must be so sad, too, without his precious protector and mom. So sad.

4 Likes

This is definitely sad news :broken_heart:
@CatLady Thank you for letting us all know.

3 Likes

How tragically sad. Thank you for letting us know.

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know @CatLady. May she walk on in peace and happiness.

There is a memorial up at Legacy.com. I am happy to post the link if there is interest or FUD members want to send flowers/plant a tree in her honor, share stories etc. (edit: the Legacy[.]com link now has Amy’s memorial )

6 Likes

Please do

I have identified 3 no-kill shelters in Eastern MA with good programs and volunteer support. Two are all-cat shelters, one cares for cats and dogs. I can post links if anyone else is interested in making a memorial donation in Amy’s name.

5 Likes

@CatLady Thank you and I’d like to contribute to one of the shelters you mentioned.

4 Likes

These two are in the general area where Amy lived (north of Boston):

http://palsanimallifesavers.com/

This one is south of Boston but I was impressed by what they do:

6 Likes