Random D thoughts

This company actually does put on adult diabetes camps/adventures! I think the “slipstreams” are the camps.

I’ve looked into this before since I never went to diabetes camp as a kid and according to everyone, I most definitely missed out haha :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Wine & cheese campfire social… yoga, morning paddle, coffee by the lake
O MY GOSH SIGN ME UP

4 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: When your mother follows your CGM

13 posts were split to a new topic: Valentine’s day 2019

5 posts were split to a new topic: Adhesive between Dexcom sensor and SkinTac: Sugru?

My roommate just tried to convince me to go to a “pint night” at a local pizza place, where you basically get a deal on any drinks you get on draught. I don’t drink beer, but they have ciders on draught.

I basically decided that sounded like far too much effort to manage… pizza plus super sugary drinks with low alcohol %… what a headache…

But then I guess maybe they could cancel each other… the late rise from the pizza gets hit by the basal insulin I don’t need because of the alcohol… hmm :thinking:

9 Likes

Stop it, @glitzabetes. You’re going to give the parents nightmares. :joy::joy:

5 Likes

But then I guess maybe they could cancel each other… the late rise from the pizza gets hit by the basal insulin I don’t need because of the alcohol… hmm :thinking:

To funny

1 Like

:innocent:

(For any youngsters reading this, that was just a joke & they probably don’t cancel properly)

4 Likes

diabetes management protocol: a pint of cider + 2 slices of pizza a night

5 Likes

@Eric! Did you hear?!

I’m going to practice this all week long in front of my son’s girlfriend.

11 Likes

“balances insulin?”

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

“Woman’s World”…I’m ashamed of it more than Cosmo or Redbook and those are terrible.

2 Likes

I think @Chris knows about this.

6 Likes

So @Nickyghaleb, @Eric’s had your exercise program all wrong. Keep doing the arms for those intervals…but stop using your legs.

ETA: you can still use your treadmill, just stand on the side rails and swing your arms

8 Likes

Does this mean that no matter how far off my insulin dose for that Snickers cake, swinging my arms will balance everything out? :grin:

9 Likes

:rofl: Sounds great.

this is my strategy for bowling: Throw the ball and then pray while wildly swinging my arms…I’m guessing it’s about as effective for “balancing insulin” :rofl:

8 Likes

Just not going to have the same effect behind a closed door. Feel like I must do this in public for full effect.

4 Likes

I think so. But could we get in on video? Just to compare technique?

3 Likes