New to xdrip, how do I install it?

Hi @docslotnick I am trying to reset transmitter. Tried installing the app on Google piexcel 2 as well as Samsung.

In both cases , not able to start sensor. It gives the error.
clock not synchronizedPXL_20201005_141212890

1 Like

Hi @deepakbh899. Welcome to FUD!

Did you run the ā€œreset transmitterā€ command? Do that on the phone you plan on using. Is the transmitter code properly entered?

1 Like

Hi @deepakbh899, what is the code on your transmitter (at least the first 2 or 3 characters)? If itā€™s a current generation version, I donā€™t think you can reset the transmitter. Sensors can be restarted, but not transmitters.

Hi @RT63
Code is 8JR1ā€¦

1 Like

My last transmitter was 8J and I was not able to reset.

80 and some 81s could be reset.

1 Like

Hello @docslotnick
Can you please share screen shot where the ā€œreset transimittorā€ command is ? I did some thing but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to.

Unfortunately, since I was not able to connect to the sensor, I ended up removing the software and started using new transmitter with Dexcom ?

@deepakbh899 You can go to this thread for instructions. Itā€™s kind of a secret handshake. But it doesnā€™t work with the latest G6 transmitters, so you were right to switch yours out.

2 Likes

@docslotnick not that it matters to me at this point, but 2 weeks ago I was unable to reset my g5 transmitter which I have done several times in the past. I also got a.clock synchronization error when XDrip and pump and phone al had the same.time.

Now that I am on G6, itā€™s no longer a deal breaker.

1 Like

@elver I guess Dexcom is getting serious about squelching transmitter restarts. How far behind can sensors be? Iā€™ve just decided to play it straight since G6 sensors rarely last me over 9 days anyway.

2 Likes

I plan on attempting to extend several G6 sensors so I can finish building up my rainy day supply. Hopefully in the next 6 months someone will find a way to hard reset G6 transmitters.

2 Likes

Not getting my hopes upā€¦ I reset some but only got a few more weeks.

2 Likes

@deepakbh899. Sorry, I forgot to paste the link into my previous post.

1 Like

Thank you @docslotnick

I have started using my last transmitter just now . So, can I stop my bluetooth and try above procedure using other mobile ? I do not want to have any problem with my last transmitter.

Another request to all folks
I am out side of USA so my insurance has stopped. I called dexcom to check if they can send me a free transmitter but they quoted 235 $
Can some one buy one for me in USA and ship to my US address if it cheaper ? I will pay it .

$235 is about the same cost as a ā€œcashā€ buy without insurance at Costco or other pharmacy. RX required.

1 Like

Yes but I used to buy at CVS and using some discount code they use to process it with zero charge to me.

1 Like

Possible you had met your max opp.

Since Rx Is required, anyone getting one for you, would then be limited in getting another one until 90 days, and likely needs it sooner.

You can check amazon or ebay.

2 Likes

I have an older Samsung J7x. I want to use xdrip on it since the G6 is not compatible with my relic. I have downloaded Nightscout onto the phone. It asks for an web address of the installation site? Am I going about it wrong?

1 Like

Nightscout is optional, if you simply use xDrip as receiver. Nightscout allows more functionality and integration with other tools.

There is also a hacked dexcom G6 app for non-supported Android phones.

Here is link posted earlier in this topic:

What you should do first is just install the latest nightly build of xDrip+.
https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

2 Likes