Mug Cakes!

8 posts were split to a new topic: Instant Pot

Wow. Tried a new recipe tonight - it was by far the best mug cake I have ever had. Not low-carb at all, haha, as I think mine came out to 37 carbs by the time I’d added everything (used agave instead of honey), including some mini chocolate chips on top. Again, if you subbed an alternative sweetener, it would be a much lower carb count.

ETA: even with the higher carb count, I ate some salami and berries first, starting on the cake about 50 minutes after my Novolog pre-bolus, and I only went from 79 to 91 - I believe the heavy total fat content of it all really helped reduce the rise.

3 Likes

you have intrigued me with your mug cakes, will have to try it!!

2 Likes

Have you seen this cookbook?

http://www.thekitchn.com/the-joy-of-gluten-free-sugar-free-baking-by-peter-reinhart-denene-wallace-179380

:heart_eyes: Yum! I haven’t seen that one before. Honestly, I end up altering recipes I find so much, I just get inspiration from Pinterest (for free!) instead of buying cookbooks. I do occasionally borrow some from the library or, if I find I’m interested in a large majority of recipes in a book, I’ll buy the kindle version. I’ll have to see where I can take a closer look at this one - thanks!

I’ll second the microwave mug cakes… yum

I only ever use the microwave - I’m too impatient for oven, plus I don’t want to heat up the house!

I’ve never made mug cakes in the microwave, but I did make plasma a few years ago (not the blood fluid kind of plasma, but the gas with free electrons and positive ions kind plasma).

3 Likes

Cool! My mug cakes taste better than that, though, I think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ok @Eric quit teasing us. We demand to see the Frankenstein monster you brought to life a while ago.

3 Likes

A few years ago, my son proposed making the 4th state of matter for his science project. The teacher said “you can’t do that”.

We weren’t sure if she meant “you don’t have permission” or “you are unable to do that”. So we proved that you really are able (even if you don’t have permission).

4 Likes

That is nice and all, but I recommend putting in CO2 to put a nice nice purple glow in your plasma :rainbow:

2 Likes

This is the most non-diabetic diabetes forum in all the land! Any thread is likely to be hijacked with talk that is completely unrelated to diabetes.

Anyway, sorry @Pianoplayer7008, my fault!

Tell us some more about Mug Cakes!

2 Likes

The Magic Words to get Eric to do Anything.

3 Likes

Funny you should say that. There is a post coming tomorrow with that very theme!

And when I post it, hopefully Emily will get her revenge and interrupt my post with lots of talk about Mug Cakes. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Eric - Are you on the Dex now?

:laughing: Actually, I love the crazy tangents these threads sometimes go off on; doesn’t bother me at all. Plus, I went for ice cream instead of a mug cake tonight, so I have nothing new to share. :wink:

2 Likes

Time for an icecream post.

Haha! Well, I am pretty excited at the moment with the results (from 90 before to 119@1hr). Usually I’m up in the 130-140s. I ate a half portion this time, though, with some dark chocolate melted with coconut oil over it (homemade magic shell!), and I ate some salami right before (trying that fat slowing/minimizing spike thing).

Did I mention I guessed my bolus dose at dinner again tonight and stayed in the 90s for the 2 hrs after until dessert? :grinning: It was a good night.

1 Like

yes.