What is xDrip?

I check occasionally when a topic comes up that interests me. Looks like we’ve got a lot of Tandem users here. Like @mm2, I sometimes get impatient with CIQ responding to blood glucose variations, and just do a quick 2 unit bolus. But the pump has given me a lot better control.

@richnic, what’s Xdrip? I also use the Dexcom G6 but am not familiar with that term.

Welcome to everyone (from an occasional poster)!

3 Likes
3 Likes

XDrip is app to install on android phone, and provides more/better features than dexcom app.

2 Likes

Xdrip is an app for android phones. I find the Tandem T Slim alarms are quite weak and don’t wake me up at night so I started using Xdrip and it’s much better. Also that way I can run Xdrip on my phone, G6 on my pump and If I want to use G5 I can run it on xdrip also. Plus you can do things like reset the battery day count and get an extra 1-2 months out of a g5 transmitter as well as rebatteryng them. There is an xdrip page on FB too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/xDripG5

1 Like

Not for much longer in US. Dexcom stopped shipping G5/G4 transmitters in June, and will stop sensors end of 2020. But if you have stock of G4/G5 sensors, and replace transmitter batteries, can probably go through most of 2021. (Non-US has different discontinue dates).

XDrip work with G6 also, but Dexcom limited many of the hacks that xDrip had.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m aware of the rebattery limitations with the new G6’s. We only just got Basal IQ here (Australia) a few weeks ago so I imagine we will have the G5 as an option for a while longer here. We usually seem to be a fair bit behind the US.

3 Likes