Was a little bit low . . .

15 Likes

Wicked wicked man, 2 of my favorites in that box, those fluted ones and the chocolate cake.
Well, it’s lunch time. I’ll be good.

6 Likes

What not a blueberry fan?..lol

6 Likes

I did feel a little bad afterwards that I didn’t at least try them all.

5 Likes

Oh I am, my absolute favorite donut is blueberry cake. I didn’t see one in the box. They are to die for, maybe literally.

6 Likes

I feel like I’d need to go for a 45 minute bike ride, mostly uphill (yes, it’s possible, just ride the same hill repeatedly, ideally with a loop), to begin not regretting having donuts

6 Likes

If you ride enough hill repeats hard and long enough, you might be able to toss those donut remains over the handlebars. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

that’s one solution

4 Likes

The chocolate ones would have been gone! More insulin, then get on my bike ride until my BG levels started to drop, too much dropping because I already took insulin to cope with what I ate. Then part of another donut because of the bike riding!!!
Emoji Head Banging Sticker - Emoji Head Banging Smash Head Stickers|158x131.66666666666669 Emoji Head Banging Sticker - Emoji Head Banging Smash Head Stickers|158x131.66666666666669 Emoji Head Banging Sticker - Emoji Head Banging Smash Head Stickers|158x131.66666666666669

5 Likes

Back in the 90s I would ride at least once a week 25 miles to my midnight shift job and ride home in the morning. Every now and then I would take the long scenic route to another town.

I would have some toast.or biscuits at a restaurant, but one time I was starving and ate an omelette.

The route home had a huge hole with a great descent, but what goes down must go up. I nearly lost that omelette before I crested the other ridge- never again!

5 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS!!! DOUGHNUTS!!! YUM!!! @Eric that is a pic of my absolute FAVORITE low snack! It also brings to mind that we haven’t heard from @docslotnick for awhile either. Hope he is ok.

I am so very glad that box is not within reach - doughnuts are my Kryptonite :superhero:

6 Likes

They make these vegan fresh deep fried taro donuts here, you eat them nice and hot and a slight crunch on the outside. Light sugar coating with lemon or mango, chocolate icing or sugar and cocoa powder, passion fruit, pineapple…they change up the flavors weekly. It took me a while to figure out the dosing…how much carbs in taro flour and how much taro flour in a donut lol, and then deep fried…Luckily they are about an hour drive away and they have limited hours…So yummy!

5 Likes

In a previous life, I ran a weekend midnight shift operations center and would bring in a couple dozen of mixed type donuts for the crew. Everyone knew I liked chocolate iced. I was walking to another room one night and one of the crew said, “Hey Tom, there’s only one iced chocolate left…it may be gone when you’re back!” Not missing a beat, I picked it up, licked it, set it back in the box, and said, “Oh, I think it will still be here!” The shocked look on faces was priceless…. I’d love to have a chocolate iced right now!!!

9 Likes

:heart_eyes: :yum: :yum:

7 Likes

I don’t know why I always think the inside of a cake is the best part.

9 Likes

Lol, I agree Eric, the cake part is the best…except when it’s chocolate then it’s all good!

8 Likes

What did that poor cake ever do to you?
:laughing:

6 Likes

I kept eating the cake from the inside out. Eventually it gave out and collapsed.

It just shows what I always felt - the cake does not need the frosting, but the frosting needs the cake.

9 Likes

Creme eggs are my crash cart. In the hierarchy of low alerts, “It’s time for an egg” is just behind “Call 911.” No risk of overtreating, either. They’re so sickly sweet, you never want more than one.

8 Likes

The tastiest cake frosting I ever made was simply egg whites and real maple syrup whipped together! Now I realize that’s a good D rescue option! :laughing:

6 Likes