The daily life of cats

what a distinguished gentleman or lady :grinning:

1 Like
3 Likes

We recently were away for a short trip to visit family and the pet sitter had to take Sweetie to the vet for a possible UTI! Turns out she was experiencing stress cystitis so the vet put her on GABA to help her cope until our return. Sweetie stuck to me like glue for a couple of days and is feeling much better now.

I took Leo to the vet a couple weeks before our trip. He was endlessly hungry and starting to lose weight. Blood tests led to a dosage change of his thyroid meds and Leo’s gradually regaining his normal weight. He’s still grumpy and resists Sweetie’s attempts to play with him.

Mighty Mouse is outdoors most of the day, sometimes snoozing in the garden during the heat of the day. Sophie prefers her morning sunshine spot and then a stroll out on the deck in the early evening. Smart kitties!

How are your cat families faring?

3 Likes

Sheelah us snoozing in the laundry basket, Biddy is asleep on the front window sill and Manny is trying to rest his massive head on my left arm as I type.

Edit- I decided to join the sleeping beauties for a nap on my recliner. Manny had to have some of that, too.

3 Likes

My Sweetums, on her favorite bed, me.

3 Likes
4 Likes

People who say that have never actually paid attention. Our kitties are very social and sensitive with each other and the humans. All 3 have separation anxiety when one is at the vet or we leave them alone. And yes they have facial, ears and tail communication.

3 Likes

What am I to do? I want to go to bed.

Manny on my chest Sheelah has my legs.

4 Likes

Hey, we’re twins! Great minds think alike! I’m referring of course to our cats! Mine are Gilbert and Sullivan, brothers from a litter and rescues from the pound!

I’m “just resting” of course…and from the looks of it snoring, probably should have gone to bed awhile back! And if you look carefully, you can see the Loop app open on my phone!

3 Likes

Good looking boys, well you as well, mouth closed, no drools, not speaking from personal experience mind you, Tom.

At least someone else took the picture, well composed and framed. Kudos to them.

Our 2 Manny and Sheelah are from a local shelter. The 3rd, Biddy, is no lap cat. She was born to a beautiful all black feral mother. Of all the litter Biddy was never scared of me, once she was in the house, she never wanted to leave. Biddy just melts your heart with her sweet face.
Auto focus didn’t have time to do its thing, but here’s sweet Biddy.

4 Likes

Ours are house cats too. Gilbert will venture outside but becomes scared of his own shadow; Sullivan, on the other hand, will pry open a door, sneak under plants to go out the door when guests leave, go outside, then not know what to do, where to go, and meow bragging he’s outside…until the dog next door barks! Both sleep on our bed with us in winter, but during summer, Gilbert roams the house at night and sleeps all day while Sully thinks he’s a person and constantly wants attention or to be involved! C’est la…they are family!

3 Likes

Sweetie loves a cozy lapnap. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Biddy holding my hand while I pedal.
What a sweetheart❤️

5 Likes

She’s a beauty and a sweetheart :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Is this the epitome of contentment?

6 Likes

@CarlosLuis Sometimes my wife and I wonder who is the pet, the cats or us! Looks like you have the same quandary!!

6 Likes

Terry Pratchett:

He had a thing about cats. Too.

2 Likes

Happily ruled by these two :green_heart:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Do you think this might be the reason a 3 1/2 year old cat was at the humane center?

I comb this much fuzz at least twice a day. But Manny makes up for it with his sweet personality

4 Likes