The daily life of cats

Our Christmas angel is called Sweetie. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I was having stress induced feet on the floor Saturday and then got relief from COTL​:black_cat::cat2:
My BG went right down thanks to these feline doctors.

COTL, cats on the lap

4 Likes

Here’s a catgoyle

5 Likes

Cats bring so much joy to our lives! So do dogs!!

3 Likes

I am unfortunately allergic to cats, so we don’t have one in the house, but we do have a 5 year old goldendoodle we rescued at 8 months, who won’t let me out of her sight; she even follows me into the bathroom!

Meet Guinevere (“Winnie”), a fluffy, 60 lb bundle of love and, I promise you, one of the very sweetest creatures to grace G-d’s grey earth.

4 Likes

Sheelah sez, “Guinevere (“Winnie”) is welcome. She is catlike enough to be one of us. Us rescues stick together.”

Then she told me, “Don’t even think about going to the bathroom, you’re mine and I’m happy right here.”

Then she got Manny to lay on my bladder.

4 Likes

This is Sullivan (brother is Gilbert, same litter, same colors, totally different personalities!). When we first got them, we had to tip the tail of Gilbert with a black magic marker ‘cause you couldn’t tell them apart
particularly when running by at the speed of light! Sullivan demands attention all day, follows you around like
a dog (don’t tell him I said that!)
and sleeps between the wife and me. Gilbert sleeps all day, comes and stares at you when it’s time for bed, because he needs to go on house patrol for a few hours and we’re screwing with his schedule! You can set a timer by them both coming to bug you at 4:45 because dinner is at 5:30!

6 Likes

Sweetie was trying to play with Leo a while ago and I realized she is now more a young cat than a little kitten! :scream_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Sweetie continues to grow by leaps and bounds! LOL She finally managed to leap up and bring down a big potted plant in the bedroom one morning! Kitten and plant both survived
and the plant has been repotted in a heavier pot with a wider base and moved to a safer location. Sweetie’s favorite toys continue to be a box full of crumpled paper and a wand toy that’s losing its feathers.

Leo had to have his upper fangs removed (one was fractured, the other due gum disease) and the poor guy looks rather pathetic. (My husband says he needs dental implants.) Sweetie keeps trying to get Leo to play but he is just not interested though they do both curl up with me during the night.

Mouse is tired of winter (like the rest of us in Eastern Idaho) but as the snow melts he has resumed his daily rounds through the cul-de-sac, visiting the neighbors and their cats. He also likes to play in the box of crumpled paper!

Sophie has been demanding more ear rubs lately but still really doesn’t like to be picked up. She is so sweet and yet so skittish. Sophie really enjoys her naps in the “sunshine puddles” as the days get longer.

How are your cat families?

4 Likes

@CatLady My wife and I have found the simplest, least expensive items are best for cats
a box provides days of fun and becomes a chewing toy! Cement form tubes from Lowes/HD with a couple holes drilled is cheap and lasting fun for one, a pair or more! Both our cats go nuts for a dragged string of whatever type! And one loves a red feather toy
won’t touch the same model with blue or yellow one
go figure!

Sorry and hugs to Leo! And I think Sophie’s likes of “sun puddles” is universal, at least for all the cats we’ve had over the years!

5 Likes

What?

3 Likes

So cute! Is he looking for cats?!

2 Likes

Thanks! No, she’s a lover, not a chaser. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Crash is the mascot for Boise’s cats only shelter. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Last night I was woke up several times because my Dexcom was failing badly at 9+ days. Finally around 3AM I’d had enough and stopped the sensor and turned off C-IQ. The last was probably not necessary. Anyway I went back to sleep, turned off the alarm clock at 5AM and slept some more. Then the feline snooze alarm went off.

We don’t let the cats in the bedroom anymore, I don’t know why, but they are locked out. I got up and when I opened the door there was not one but all 3 kitties staring up at me wishing me a happy 73rd birthday. That’s the first time I was greeted by all 3.

7 Likes

Here’s my cat mistress, Sheelah, supervising me blowing out a candle. Can’t put 73 candles on a cake.

9 Likes

So sweet! Good to know the kitties are watching over you!! Happy 73rd Birthday!!!

3 Likes

Happy “Purrthday”!! :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!!

1 Like

Sheelah sez, "Why yo always exercising, man? Look at me, I never exercise and I’m purrfect.

5 Likes