The daily life of cats

today she goes to the vet! she’ll get the staples removed which means she can roam around the house again. this is exciting. no more sitting on the floor with her trying to keep her not to climb out. i miss her being in bed with me, sitting next to me on the couch, etc…im sure she misses her favorite spot which is in the kitty tree. so this is an exciting day! now its still the worried mama stage with everything. gotta make sure nothing else pops up, etc. at least she is still cancer free. which is great. but now im worried about the spot on the lung. i dont know why he didnt remove it during the surgery so it doesnt become an issue. oh well. anyways, its vet day!

2 Likes

our vets actually gave us cat sedatives for the next visit. She is the sweetest and most mellow cat in the world…at home. She turns in to Reagan from the Exorcist when she goes to the vet.

2 Likes

that was how my cat calvin was…he hated the vet with a passion. the vet said he wouldnt see him unless he was mellowed out. taranga doesnt mind the vet but there are moments where she squirms around.

her vet visit was trying. she kept moving around as the vet was trying to remove the staples. she does have a raw spot that neosporin can take care of :)…she is to stay in the crate for a few more days. so the neosporin will go on a few times a day. so that way it clears up. she is to stay with the cone on as well. the poor thing. i cant wait until she is allowed out of the crate and off with the cone. some day right?

1 Like

That day will come! I’m sending you and Taranga a lot of hugs and prayers!

1 Like

thanks…she has climbed on my lap a few times today already. i allow her to. but then back she goes. i cant wait until she is able to come out and go back to her favorite spots. i have an ant issue by the crate now and im not sure how it got started. so i have those thingys under the crate to kill them. i hope it will calm down. not good with her in the crate tho. so i keep an eye on it

1 Like

Bummer! I sure hope they go away soon!

me too!!! i cant believe that i have an issue now…i didnt for the last few weeks and now they pop up. i should give her some wet food as we speak of food, etc

2 Likes

my baby girl is out of the crate for now. she still has crusties on her belly so ive been putting on neosporin on it when she allows me to touch her belly. i still have the crate set up so if i go out and about i can put her in there as she still has the cone of shame on. but it was nice to sleep last night with her under the blanket :)…i cant wait till the crusties is all gone so she can have the cone off. but she is happy to be able to move around :slight_smile:

and the ant problem is gone now. which is good.

3 Likes

Yay! A great report, @amymc

it is…she is not hating the cone like she did last year…i think she figured that she has been through this before that its not so bad lol…as long as she is happy then im happy

2 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

how is everyone elses cats? @Nickyghaleb how are your cats? especially cleo :smiley:…i want to hear how cats are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My cat MM has cabin fever and apparently wants me to send him someplace warm and sunny!

6 Likes

awww MM is pretty! it will get warm eventually lol…taranga is happy in the temp i have indoors. she is an indoor cat anyways. i love how MM is in a box lol…cats and boxes i swear

2 Likes

Thanks! He does run around a little outside most days regardless of the weather. After all, he has to keep watch on what’s happening in the neighborhood!

lol! he is the neighborhood watch dog lol…how old is he? i cant remember if you said or not.

1 Like

Just as loving towards each other as ever. They’re holding each other… that’s how they sleep. In each other’s arms. :heart::heart:

So Catinha, our enormous balloon cat, has moved out. She moved two doors down—into my mom’s. She packed up one night, headed out, and hasn’t been back since. The whole thing cracks me up. I think she loved those kittens, and then I think she was just all done. My mom is combing her everyday, and although she will never get rid of her kittenweight, she looks shiny and rested and happy. Bootsy and Cleo are as loving as can be, cuddling with us every night in bed. :hugs:

7 Likes

:)…thats funny that she moved down to your moms lol. at least she has a home. and nice pic. im glad that they are cuddle bugs. i love seeing pics of them :)…its weird that this is how they sleep but funny at the same time as well as cute. how old are they now? i lost track :slight_smile:

1 Like

He will be 5 in June…if he lives that long! He has a bad habit of spraying and nothing we have tried helps. My husband is really mad at him!!