The daily life of cats

is there cats outside that may make him upset? have you gone to the vet to see whats up? no need to be mad at him if he cant help it. thats the one thing i learned about on my cat from hell. being mad at him will make him do it anyways.

I love that show! Seriously, I did not like cats before that. I saw that show, and it turned it around for me. Explained everything! I really couldn’t feel like it was the cat’s fault after that – I realize that the humans needed some help to know what their cat was thinking. That show is great! Main takeaway? More litter boxes and tall hiding or spying shelves or places!

:+1:…its a great show…i never had any issues with cats but i do learn a lot. i have two litter boxes in my house and i only have taranga. i learned that when they do certain things it could be a health issue or something else, etc. even if someone doesnt have cats should watch the show lol. glad it turned you around :)…cats are wonderful animals.

1 Like

Oh, yes, we’ve consulted the vet several times, tried the recommended medications, used pheromone diffusers, etc. We have five litter boxes in the house and one in the garage (with 4 litter types). He sprays in the yard, too—lots of visting cats—if only he’d just do that! :frowning:

1 Like

You know, some humans are weird. I assume some cats are also weird.

My grandmother-in-law had a cat which adopted her. He sprayed in the house so badly, that after she moved out, the plywood stank after being sanitized and we had to rip out the carpets, glass closet doors and track. Even painting didn’t fix it 100%. I can recommend a product called OdorXit - it really helped. But he became a happy outdoor cat and the problem at least didn’t bother us anymore.

1 Like

taranga is out of the cone now…her tummy looks good…we are now watching it to make sure she doesnt go berzereck in licking the areas. she is so happy to be out of the cone…i actually miss her being in it as she is soo funny and cute lol…but im glad she is out of it tho.

also today is her 11th birthday

5 Likes

Happy birthday, Taranga! So glad to hear she is out of the cone and that her tummy looks good :slight_smile:

thanks…she is happy to be out of the cone lol…she seems to be in it for more than a 2 week period due to stuff that may prevent it from being removed. right now the birthday girl is sleeping behind me :)…i keep track of her tummy to make sure it looks good and everything

1 Like

This (I hope) is “my” beautiful cat Fluff. I’m not sure the pic attached properly…
He is helping my 75yo father with some technical drawing here. He also helps eat peanuts, cheese, and make beds. He asks nicely for “groomies”, many times a day, and will beg for cat treats and yoghurt. He will also sit on command and to a certain extent, heel.
I live in the city, while Fluff lives with my parents in the country. I work away, in a different state, so can’t have my own pet, but Fluff more than makes up for it. I visit him at least twice a week.

4 Likes

7 Likes

he looks adorable! i love seeing pics of other ppls cats. i really do…he looks like he wants to help out on the computer :). its good that you get to visit him twice a week and keep up a relationship with him :slight_smile:

1 Like

So cute!!

1 Like

Here’s a photo of our Fluffy, whose real name is Amador Spartacus:

5 Likes

Pretty!!! Love the pic :slight_smile:

Thanks! Ami was a stray…showed up at our front door in 2001, malnourished but ever so social! I admit perhaps I did not try hard enough to determine whether or not he already had a human…

1 Like

Awww…at least you are giving him a great home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today I am learning how to give my friend’s cat his insulin so I did some reading up (thanks, Google) and found this article by a vet whose own cat had diabetes:

http://veterinarymedicine.dvm360.com/cvc-highlight-8-tips-make-life-easier-owners-diabetic-cats?id=&pageID=1&sk=&date=

3 Likes

how is everyones cat(s)? everyone doing good? taranga is her normal self. as if nothing has happened to her. she is like oh i had surgery. but she is just normal…@CatLady interesting article :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you liked that article!

My crew are all snoozing indoors: wet, cold weather today.

taranga is hiding somewhere. i had to shake her off so i can check my levels so i can eat. but overall she is good today. and snoozing is a good thing…all warm kitties all dreaming of tuna and salmon snacks