The daily life of cats

@amymc, sadly right now I would say she gets very little play time, and a lot of unpredictble craziness with the baby, and the two wild preschoolers who are not nice enough to her :frowning: iā€™ve started telling them they better be nice or Milers will get her revenge on them by peeing on their bed.

1 Like

i think that is the issue. not enough play time. and with the new baby i take it, she may be stressed out about that. and toddlers not being nice to her may cause a wee bit of stress. the kids needs to learn that kitty is to be nice with, etc. maybe when the kids are all in bed to have a bit of play time ritual. or when the kids are in preschool for the day, play time. if you both work then play time in the morning and in the evening. play time is important :slight_smile:ā€¦my cat doesnt need play time as she is 10 now. how old is your cat? age can be a factor tooā€¦have you thought about getting her toys that will stimiulate her and keep her busy? maybe something like that :)ā€¦i learn too much from jackson galaxy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

we have a bunch of toys ā€“ we honestly used to be much better cat companions, itā€™s just the last 5 months have been super stressful. But yeah, we definitely need the kids to be nicer to her. Sheā€™s 7 so sheā€™s not super young, but she is still very healthy and has a lot of energy I think.

you can teach your kids how to play with her nicely like taking the wand and teach them how to use it correctly, etc. or if she feteches toys perhaps for the kids to throw a toy for her to get, etcā€¦there are lots of ways to do play time :slight_smile:

tarangā€™as staples all came out. she has an infection so she is on antibiotics until monday at least. and neosporin where its red. and of course the cone of shame is still on her until at least monday. we dont want her licking the area of where the staples were and then something happens. so we are taking precautions. it seems to never end :(ā€¦i just want my baby to be ok and for me to be able to breathe again.

1 Like

Well rats :frowning:

yup indeed

1 Like

So sorry youā€™re having this problem. Carpet is the worst because the pee can soak into the pad and sub-floor. Super-saturating with enzyme solution is key (Natureā€™s Miracle Advanced or Anti-Icky-Poo). One of our cats is on (generic) prozac for spraying and that does help. Also try some different brands of kitty litterā€”that can really make a difference in terms of a catā€™s tactile experience in the box. Dr. Elseyā€™s is fragrance-free and very low dust and clumps well. Rather than putting a second box over the peed-on area (so your cat doesnā€™t associate that spot with urinating any more), spend some play-time there and give the cat treats. If you can, create a safe zone for the cat with a blanket and warming mat and enforce it as ā€œoff-limitsā€ to your kids. Hope these suggestions help!

2 Likes

can someone tell me why cats dont like their belly rubbed? i have to put neosporin on tarangas belly where the surgery was to clear up the red area and yet she kicks my handā€¦i have to hold her down in order for me to even get some on her. she is too smart. and of course when 10p rolls around he is at my bedroom door staring at my and telling me she wants her snack right meow. sheā€™ll come up on the bed and meows at me. she is too smart! monday is the day she goes back to the vet and i hope for good news and that sheā€™ll be out of the cone of shame. sheā€™ll appreciate that

1 Like

Love the ā€œcone of shameā€!

I think it is a vulnerable point during fights and kitten play, so they learn to protect it. To approach the belly Iā€™d start with lots of gentle back stroking to relax the cat, and then gradually work around to the belly. Itā€™s a matter of trust. (Or maybe it tickles, who knows.)

maybeā€¦ill have to earn her trust on her belly. plus i figured with the surgeries she has had, that a belly rub would be nice. but then again this is a cat that doesnt like getting kisses on her head lol

1 Like

taranga is free of the cone! she is ffffrrreeee!!! she didnt want me to take it offā€¦i think its because she has been so use to wearing it for so longā€¦now i gotta watch her belly to make sure she doesnt ocd licking the area. she doesnt have to go back to the vet until june or july thats if everything is running smooth until then. which im hoping. so im thinking positive and just pray that no hiccups will come about. i do pet her belly when she is on all fours to check to make sure there arent anything there but to give it rubs. ive been so use to her being in a cone that its gonna get time to get use to that she doesnt need itā€¦but then the kisses will be present :smiley:ā€¦im just happy. no visits until june or july unless there is a hiccup. lets hope for no hiccups

3 Likes

taranga doesnt need any more of the antibiotics. she is done with that YAY! now i need to keep an eye on her and make sure nothing comes up between now and june or july when she gets a check up. so fingers crossed and positive vibes for her to be ok and cancer free. that is what we are hoping for. she is my love bug. i dont know what i would do without her. she is the same love as my other cat. im just amazed. im lost without her. but so far so good. she likes that the cone is off of her. her coat can be nice and pretty again, etc. she is purring again and not hiding under the bed. she is most likely in her favorite spot on the kitty tree. or in bed. but overall, im still going to be that nervous wreck mama. but she is holding up and she seems to be positive herself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

how is everyones cats doing??? any new pics :slight_smile:

Leo (Girlie, no questions pleaseā€¦I didnā€™t name her :grin:) despises having her belly rubbed but loves a good rub behind her ears. And she really does have two eyes ( you canā€™t tell by this pic).

3 Likes

sheā€™s a tortie! taranga is as well but you have to see it in the right lightā€¦but very pretty cat!

1 Like

Harley celebrated his 22nd birthday yesterday with some special treats and extra cuddles from mom. :smiley_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

22 wow! happy birthday harley! i hope he had an enjoyable day :). what treats did he get? and im sure he enjoyed the cuddles :).

My two 100+ lb. St.Bernard puppies love cats, or anything else to eat!

2 Likes