The daily life of cats

What is the deal with a Cat’s obsession to stand in a doorway so as to prevent a door from closing?

i have no idea! cats do a lot of weird things that we dont understand why the heck they do them. I would love to learn more about the weird things they do and why

so far no new lumps! we are still going strong. next month or july she goes for a visit to the vet for a wellness check. i can sort of relax now but still a nervous mama. one of her treats is the tuna, salmon and chicken pieces. i break it up into small pieces and give it to her. its like a mama and me time with it. she loves it. she loves her treats. she knows the word treat and snack. when i say either word she meows and jumps off the couch or the bed and goes to her bowl. she knows nap too. she licked my nose last night a few times which made me happy. i like when she licks my nose. but overall she is doing good! the surgeries makes it all worth it. so im keeping my fingers crossed that everything is still ok.

any news about your cats? i would love to see more pics of them!

1 Like

Ancient Harley!

2 Likes

UPDATE: Our cat Mila stopped peeing in our hallway – we replaced the carpeting with wood and vinyl flooring, which was not cheap, but now she won’t pee there. We put a scratch pad in that hallway and a food ball there, so she now associated it with food and play rather than peeing.

But we found a huge correlation with food – whenever her food ball and plate was empty she would pee somewhere. So we think it was a hunger stress response. The doctors also noticed she had lost a little weight – so she might literally have been getting not enough food. We’re in a bigger house now so maybe she gets more exercise? WE’ve also been letting her go outside when we’re home because our backyard is very enclosed with no ways to escape.That seems to have helped her calm down but also maybe gives her more of an appetite. She’s a crummy hunter and is only able to catch a few bugs though.

Still, if we leave the kids’ bedroom door open she will pee on their beds. It’s reduced to about once a month or so now, which is tolerable, and they’re getting better about always closing their door.

1 Like

awww what a cutie pie! how old is he?

well at least it is slowing down. is there cat food where they gain a bit of weight? i know there are some that helps them lose weight. so she now only pees once a month? if so that is better than what she was doing

Harley turned 22 (!!!) in April! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

wow and still looks good :D. i love it when i see a cat live this long and more. shows the love, the way that they are treated like royalty, etc. did you have him as a kitten?

Yep, I adopted him when he was 7 weeks old. He is definitely the boss of me!

awww 7 weeks old…how cute!!! i love kittens that small. they are so cute, adorable, etc. taranga is the boss of me. she make sure i do what she needs. but she is chill at the same time

taranga will be by herself for a few days buti have two ppl looking after her. i am flying out to california ia on weds! going to be visiting family for my grandmas 80th birthday. im so nervous. the last time i flew was in 2012 but i had 2 cats back then. so i told my boyfriend and my best friend to make sure you give her lots of loves so she knows that she is being loved while i am gone. maybe i should find a cat toy while im there as a gift for her.

1 Like

it didnt phase taranga that i was gone for almost a week. i came home yesterday and she wasnt meowing like nuts like she does when i am gone for a few days. i guess its because she had my best friend and my boyfriend go over to take care of her. she did enjoy the snuggles yesterday and last night. she loves that and misses that. overall she is happy that i am at home. i already miss my grandma and family. i was bored a bit but enjoyed the time i did have but im glad to be home with my cat

3 Likes

its been a while! taranga goes to the vet on monday for a wellness check. lets hope that she is cancer free! i pray that she is every night. i have to make ice cubes for her bowls. its not too hot where i am…well i should say in my apt. but still…how is everyone elses cat doing in this weather? taranga is so fluffy that im sure she isnt liking it

taranga had a good visit at the vet yesterday. no new lumps. a fatty tissue we need to keep an eye on. but other than that it was good…she does have red gums in the back so her teeth are getting cleaned on thursday. so she’ll have nice clean teeth :D. then she’ll be good for a while. that will make her happy. i didnt get the chance to ask if she was cancer free. i was more focused on how she is doing now. ill ask on thursday or have my boyfriend ask on thursday. at least she didnt hide under the best yesterday once we got home. she was pretty much in her favorite spot or she did go to my boyfriend. she got extra treats once we got home. got some before and after. but she is smart. she somehow knew we were going to the vet. i put the carrier down so quietly that she clung onto my boyfriend…smart cat lol. so that is the update on her

how is everyone elses cat? anything silly that they’ve been doing, etc?

1 Like

Hey @amymc, I am really glad that your cat is doing well after all of the trials Taranga has put you through. Apparently the cat people are taking a summer break, so I am posting so you don’t feel all alone. Here is a gratuitous cat picture (not mine) that matches my mood this morning.

2 Likes

Good news about Taranga! :grinning:

My crew are napping their way through the mid-day heat. Ancient Harley continues to yowl at all times of day or night (whenever he wakes up).

awww look at the happy cat :)…i love at photos and that includes those of you on here that have a cat or two…on facebook ive been sharing kitten videos lol. kittens so small and cute. taranga has put a lot of stress on me since dec. now that things have calm down im a bit less stressed. still stressed tho but not as much. she is her good old self. finally trusting my boyfriend again and not hiding under the bed. but yup now i cant go to bed at a normal time as when she was sick i would go to bed at 2a to make sure she was ok. so that is an issue lol

1 Like

maybe harley wants a conversation lol…i cant believe how old he is…keep going harley! i hope taranga lives a long time. i worry about her at times tho…but glad she is doing good…today its rainy and cold outside. im not happy about the rain. i worry about those that are indoor/outdoor cats. poor things getting all wet.

taranga got her teeth cleaned today. which nothing wrong in her mouth but a bit of irritation in the back. her xray shows no new tumors or lumps anywhere. blood work came back all normal! so she has a clean bill of health. she wont need to go back until about january unless something concerning comes up. but overall, everything is good :slight_smile: this mama can now relax

1 Like