Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything about xdrip compatibility with the new Samsung Galaxy 4 watches.?They’re running Wear OS which should be a positive sign but it’s a new release, Wear OS 3.

Thanks

1 Like

Someone should be along shortly. I haven’t seen this discussed yet, so great question and Welcome to FUD!

1 Like

I’m using Xdrip on my galaxy watch 4, but I can’t work the watch as a receiver without the phone.

Installing xdrip requires a few more steps.

3 Likes

Same here. It works well on the watch using a phone as the collector but I really want to get it going using the watch as the collector.

Has anybody had any luck getting this to work?

Colm

1 Like

Checkout the bluejay watch.

1 Like

There exists a WearOS version of Juggluco that also runs on Samsung Galaxy Watch4.

It can only be used with FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors.

It can operate in to modes:

• Receive glucose values from a smartphone connected to the sensor;

• Directly connect with the sensor.

The first always works very well. The last did function very well with one sensor, but not with the others, for unknown reasons.

1 Like

Welcome to FUD @Jupiter19!

2 Likes

Thanks @Chris!

I finally got this working using the watch as the collector. XDrip sideloaded to the watch, enable broadcasts in settings on the phone. Great guide available here: …github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/blob/master/Documentation/WatchGuide.md

Thanks everyone for the comments also.

Colm

2 Likes

Just posting Jupiters link, since they are too new to do that.

1 Like

Hi!
How long does the watch’s battery last? When the watch as the collector

1 Like

Hi @Ani4ka and welcome! The watch is super new, so I doubt anyone really knows yet. Based on the specs though, the battery is very similar to the Galaxy Watch 3 and even though they have different processors, I would expect battery life to be similar between both watches.

1 Like

Thanks @elver how long battery to the Watch 3.
I never used smartwatch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get roughly 2 days use on mine. Your experience my differ. I don’t use mine for much beyond text notifications, inbound phone call notifications and XDrip.

1 Like

@elver thank you very much!

2 Likes

most welcome @Ani4ka

2 Likes

Hello!
I connected Watch 4 with xDrip. However when my BG is high or low, the watch vibrate only once. How can I configurate it so the watch to vibrate until I turn off the alarm?

1 Like

Hi @Ani4ka, I’m not sure that is possible as it would rapidly drain the limited battery on the watch. You could however change the alarm type in XDrip to something that is louder/longer/more obnoxious, etc if that helps.

2 Likes

Hi!
Could you tell me what the numbers in the white box mean?
U 37% and Bridge 50%

1 Like

I think I understood. “U” is the phone’s battery and “Bridge” is on the watch :grin:

1 Like

Hi, nice to know that it is possible! I’m trying to achieve that as well. What broadcast(s) did you enable on the phone? Were there other watch-related settings that you did to make watch collector work. How long does it take for the watch to start collecting, once the connection to phone is lost?