Xdrip+ and samsung galaxy watch active

Hi!
I recently bought the samsung galaxy watch active and i also recently saw the miaomiao.
Then i did some research and found out that tizen and dripx do not work together.

But does anyone know if i can show/get notification from dripx on my watch?

Because i do not quiet understand the difference between the watch as a collector and getting notification?

Hope someone can help me out.

If i can see the readings on my watch i will probably buy the miaomiao for my fsl.

Hi and welcome.
You’ll need to go to the app store and download Wearable Widgets. Within it choose Samsung Gear. Push the ‘+’ button and select xdrip+ .
From the Galaxy Wearable app go to Manage Notifications and select Wearable Widgets and XDRIP+. You should than be able to see it under your watch face options. Good luck.

2 Likes

Do you use it yourself?
Because on the internet i have read that wearable widget is not supported by samsung anymore?

I do. I hope this picture comes thru. It may not be supported anymore but it works for me. It’s not a collector and has to be in the same room with your phone. I use it at night when it receives notifications from xdrip. It’s very convenient to view my blood sugar and snooze the alarm without reaching for my phone

2 Likes

That is a sweet (good) looking watch and watch face. Puts the Apple watch to shame in my admittedly old guy opinion.

1 Like

Thank you for the picture.
Does this mean the xdrip widget will be my primair dashboard? So that not the time is shown anymore but only this?

Within the Wearable Widgets app I added a watch face widget.Took me a while to find a half decent one but again, I only use the widget at night or when I’m riding my bike.
When xdrip is selected you can scroll thru all the widgets you’ve added by simply tapping on the glass. I wish I could find a fancy xdrip readout that a smaller font and more detail including the current time. Like this one.
watch-androidwear

1 Like

Indeed it looks again but not like one you would have as a standard watch face. I do not quiet understand why they would not make it possible for tizen watches, but do for wear os and apple.
I hope i can make one with the watch face app. I have read something about that.
Thanks for the info. I will probably order the miao this week then.

Hi. I have a samsung watch with tizen os.

Using wearable widgets to send info from my phone (as is the collector) using xdrip and miaomiao. I can chose to have just like the picture above as a watchface or like i have a widget “behind” the watchface. You can chose what watchface u want. Wake the clock up and turn the navigationring and u got xdrip on next screen.

3 Likes

Hi. On the galaxy watch, is there any way of having the glucose reading as a complication of a normal watch face like on wear os? For example, a chronograph watch face where one dial is the glucose reading?

So I think I did everything that you said but it is not coming up on my watch faces. What exactly was the watch face you chose or what did it say once you completed all the steps. Thanks for your help

Hello,
I have a Samsung Gear S3 with wearable widget, but I can’t find the Watch face version of Wearable widget…
Can you tell me were I can find (download) this App ?

Thanks

Hey Guys I’m able to get all your problems done. but i can´t share links cause i am new at this forum…can anybody tell me how long I have to wait for that?

greetz
FrederikDiabetics

Hi Frederik! How are you?
Do you already have permission to share the links you said would help us?

Hi, I’m new to this, my younger sister has type 2 and i am trying to get a miaomiao set up with a galaxy watch as a collector and am really struggling. Has anyone had any luck? I followed the tips in this to get xdrip set up before realising what was meant by “collector”.

Thanks

1 Like

@Ric_d First, welcome to FUD! We do have quite a few members with Type 2.

I’m afraid that the Galaxy watch cannot act as a collector. It runs the Tizen OS, and xDrip+ requires Wear OS.

But you can use it as a display device when paired with an Android phone. If you search for “galaxy watch xDrip” you should get some step by step directions.

2 Likes

Hey Doc, we are going to have start setting up office hours for you! You are so helpful on the Xdrip hardware/software front. Thanks for doing what you do!

2 Likes

Thanks so much doc! I’ve been at it all night and slowly figuring it out. I now have xdrip hooked up and mirroring on the galaxy through wearable widgets app. I am now working on getting watchmaker app to display the information from xdrip directly on the home screen watch face. Such an unnecessarily complicated process.

Thanks again for getting back to me and i will no doubt be back with more frustration and questions soon. I will search the forum and post my findings if the info isn’t already here.

1 Like