New to xdrip, how do I install it?

Welcome @Zr8000. XDrip+ will work great on your 8+.

First, download a copy. You have to have “install from.unknown sources” checked on your phone.

After you install, just follow the directions. Make sure you run the data source wizard before you change anything. In it, choose G6, that will automatically set the best settings for the G6. Make sure Bluetooth and location are on. Follow the prompts and you’ll be off and running.

Once xDrip+ connects with your transmitter you can start the 2 hour calibration. It takes longer than that because when it connects to your transmitter it needs 2 or 3 readings, but you’ll see a dialog while it’s doing that.

After you start to get glucose readings you should poke around settings and you’ll gain an understanding of the depth of the app. Start with settings>>xDrip+ Display Settings.

Don’t worry, it takes a while to get it all set up. I’ve been using it for over a year and a half and still finding things I didn’t know about.

Any trouble, just give me a holler. Have fun!

P.S. Lose your receiver while you’re setting up xDrip+. With the G6 you can use the receiver after you finish setting up xDrip+.

Edit: you don’t have to do anything to use the sensor past 10 days. It just keeps going. But after the 10 days you will not have “no calibration” anymore. Just change sensors when it starts getting squirrely.

3 Likes