New Gtabs

I know there are a lot of Gtab users here.

I found these especially for you, @daisymae!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I understand that these are not too bad with a tablespoon of ranch dressing, low fat of course.

4 Likes

@Eric - Naive question - do these cure cancer too?

4 Likes

I think you need cinnamon too.

1 Like

Let me write that down…

Broccoli and Cinnamon gtabs. ok. got it.

2 Likes

if its not chocolate or root beer flavored, i have no interest in broccoli.

4 Likes

32 posts were split to a new topic: Glucose tabs

Do you know what non-Americans think root beer taste like? :joy:

1 Like

Grape-flavor GTabs?

what do they think???

and PS: what about Lucky Charms Grape Lollypops? i loved them as a kid; maybe now would be the right time to start hoarding them (before Halloween ) :wink:

1 Like

No, the most common answers to that question are tooth paste, mouthwash and bubble gum. It’s so funny to read conversations between Americans and non-Americans about the taste of root beer.

2 Likes

@Boerenkool, that thread was hilarious!

I note that, on this topic, Canadians sort with Americans (at least on the reddit thread):

we f***ing love root beer!

1 Like

@Eric, I don’t understand: I looked everywhere for these Broccoli Gtabs for my son, but I can’t find them. Where are you buying yours?

4 Likes

These are custom made. They have them at a store called “paint shop”. :wink:

4 Likes

@eric Does this “Paint Shop” have an online store or are they just bricks and motar - or should I say Adobe?

4 Likes

@Eric This was the funniest thing I’ve seen in quite some time! And @Aaron and @Michel’s witty repartee made it even better!!!

I’ve totally tried a GTab before and honestly EH and I figured the only people who ate them were people who had major self-control issues – we thought they tasted like crap, and the only reason you would have them around is because you couldn’t possibly binge eat them. And the thought of eating five of them … bleech! Obviously the majority of people here actually like GTabs! My mind was blown!!!

4 Likes

I found it a couple of months ago when I tried root beer for the first time. Most stores here don’t sell root beer, but I accidentally found it at a local store and bought it out of curiosity. I expected it to taste like ginger beer, which tastes awful, but I was curious anyway. I decided to try it when I had a hypo. I was totally surprised, my reaction was the same as some of those folks on reddit: ‘this tastes somewhat like toothpaste!’ So I wondered why it would be so popular in the US. I mean, it doesn’t taste bad, but I couldn’t imagine so many people liking a toothpaste flavored drink. And then I found that reddit thread.

1 Like

@Boerenkool What brand did you get ahold of? There is a great variety of flavors in root beer in the states.

I didn’t remember, but I checked the grocery store’s website and it said they sell White Rock.

1 Like

Ok, so you had a premium root beer, which means it could taste anywhere on the spectrum. If you want the mass appeal version look for A&W root beer. Much more sugar, much less taste than a premium root beer. Then you will understand the mass appeal. And it doesn’t taste like toothpaste IMHO