Glucose tabs

nothing to do with the current conversation, but i just wanted to make a plug for Gtabs: i should deffinately buy stock in their company. :blush:

anyone else? or are you all skittles, and jellybeans people?

2 Likes

I use only glucose tablets to treat lows. And corn syrup at night (I have a little squeeze bottle of it next to my bed, don’t even have to sit up to treat a low).

I do find glucose tablets expensive, though, so am hoping to buy a bunch of Giant Rockets (Smarties for those of you in the US) at some point.

1 Like

i should deffinately clarify my statement: i only use Gtabs for lows as well; i dont spend my day munching on them :wink:

(and i have been going low a lot lately since my idiot endo changed my pump basal rates. )
(am currently in the process of fixing the glitch)

2 Likes

The Wal-Mart tabs are $4 for 50 here. How does that compare with prices in Canada?

1 Like

Here most stores are $10 (so $8 USD) for a container of 50. Costco is about $8 (around $6.50 USD), but I don’t go there very often.

We have Walmart here, but I’ve never seen the cheap diabetes supplies that they have in the US.

1 Like

I’d be glad to send you some!

1 Like

i get 50 for $6.95 at CVS US dollars. (their own brand )

1 Like

I am with you @daisymae.

Glucose tablets all the way. (Only do the other stuff to prevent oncoming lows.)

1 Like

but thats the whole point of Costco: you bulk up your inventory and stuff everything into a closet until you need it. buy in bulk and you won’t have to worry about going back to the store!! :sunny:

1 Like

Superstore is $8.38 CAD and Diabetes Express is $8.36 CAD for 50 Dex4 tablets.

That is about the same as what @daisymae is paying at CVS.

I am still looking for deals :grinning:

Edit - those $4 usd for 50 walmart ones have me interested

2 Likes

I didn’t think to look on Diabetes Express. Just ordered some stuff from them a couple of weeks ago!

1 Like

Glucose tabs = a mouthful of yuck

3 Likes

what other “stuff” do you do? as most of you guys know, i am a chocolate fiend. i like the dark chocolate with sea salt; it gives my BGs a boost but i never spike from it, and it goes slowly, so within an hour i will see the full result. yummy :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, but do they taste ok or are they awful? A long long time ago, i use to eat the white ones made by B & D. they were nasty. then i discovered the orange flavored ones made by Duane Reed, and they were really pretty good. but then they were bought by Walgreens, and those were awful, so then i moved on to the CVS brand and they’re not so bad at all. but their other flavors are discusting. if i could find some grape flavored ones i think i would be thrilled. (i cannot believe we are actually having a conversation about glucose tablets :wink: .)

1 Like

So why do you torment yourself with glucose tabs?

3 Likes

the Gtabs are easy to carry around and they don’t melt in my bag. i keep a huge bottle of them bedside, so when i wake up at 4am to treat a low, there is this large glowing bottle next to me so that i don’t have to put any thought into taking them. before this, i use to drag myself into the kitchen and open the fridge and just stare at the many choices of foods, candies, and juices to pick from; but i was so zombied and stoned out from the low, i couldn’t make a decision. now i have this great system down. but when i am fully awake, i tend to lean more towards the chocolate.

1 Like

My toddler loves them :laughing:

The newer ones are really good. The glucose tabs of the '80s were a mouthful of yuck.

2 Likes

Some of the new ones taste nasty to me. I liked the older Dex4 flavours better. Though even the new flavours are better than the old white, square glucose tablets I used as a kid.

3 Likes

The BD ones were horrible. I had a sample pack once many years ago and would never buy them again. It wans’t untill I got a free pack of Dex4 that I started to use glucose tabs. I used to be a cookies and Orange Juice guy.

I use Dex4 tabs. I like the raspberry ones and tropical fruit. I like orange too but sometimes they are a bit acidic. Grape is nice too.

1 Like

I agree. The older ones tasted better but I am leaalrning to like the new ones.

The new ones are easier to chew though compared to the old ones which were hard as rocks.

2 Likes