New BlueJay GTS Watch!

Hi @Caramelojrn,
In Imperial units, the screen is 1 1/8 inches by 1 3/8 inches.

Not sure what country you are from, but here is a picture with a U.S. quarter for perspective.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, Dr Google will help me with the conversion to Metric. We’re located in Australia.

2 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t sure. The U.S. quarter also probably does not help much.

28.575 x 34.925 mm :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Eric.

2 Likes

Hi Hammer “If you are using dexcom on the phone, then NO. It will not transfer the data.”

Can you explain this please. If you have xdrip+ on phone (Dexcom G6), you cant transfer data to Clarity?

Thanks

1 Like

You can only use one program on your phone to see/collect your BG.
Dexcom will not receive data from the watch. The phone has to have xdrip on it to get the BG numbers from the watch.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Please bare with me and i hope im not being a nuisance. Could you explain this please.

“You can use both xDrip and the Dexcom app if only Dexcom app is collecting from the same transmitter. In that case, you can use xDrip as a follower of the Dexcom app.”

1 Like

Who are you quoting?

1 Like

Xdrip.readthedocs.io

1 Like

Hi guys, does anyone have any knowledge of the size of these in comparison to the Fitbit (any version). Eric has given me the measurements for the BlueJay. Thanks

2 Likes

I think my wife has a Fitbit somewhere. If I can find it, I will take a side-by-side picture for you.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’d be great.

2 Likes

@Caramelojrn, sorry it took me a while, here it is.

2 Likes

Fitbit has multiple styles. I think only the “smartwatches” fitbits can load xDrip. The others are “trackers”, with less functions, usually with smaller, rectangular face.

Older topic on Fitbit

1 Like

Thanks to both.
So i’m guessing both Fitbit and Bluejay work off the xDrip side of things.

1 Like

Not sure on the fitbit, but Buejay IS xdrip. Comes preloaded with xdrip, and is made by the guy doing xdrip.

1 Like

Fitbit needs an additional step to enable data from xDrip.

I’ve been using the BlueJay GTS to get BG and alerts from G6 while playing ice hockey. So far I’ve experimented with different locations and have found a few that work for the Bluetooth communication from G6 to watch. My preference is to wear the Bluejay watch on my wrist with G6 on the same upper arm.

However G6 has not been able to stay connected longer than about 45 minutes…it has always dropped the connection about 30 to 45 minutes after I start sweating and once dropped the connection has never returned. Is it possible that sweat interferes with the connection? Any other ideas?

1 Like

Can you test this to see if it is just the watch, or if your phone also loses the signal?

The watch is probably not as strong in getting a signal as the phone. It might be the pads and sweater that are interfering.

2 Likes