Bluejay GTS won't turn on

Hi guys, I have my bluejay GTS a couple of months. Working like a dream until yesterday. Fully charged since the day before. Working fine until lunchtime and then gone. Screen blank, won’t take a charge, won’t turn on.
Has this happened to anyone??
Anyone know a master reboot?? Or should I fear the worse…
Tia
Dave

1 Like

Yup. Thats happened to me. I could never figure out a root cause.

What lets me recover is leaving it off the charger until it completely discharges (sometimes takes over a week), then plugging it in to charge. It should do a hard reset at that point and turn on.

For whatever reason, not letting the battery get into the red seems to avoid the non-responsive watch. When I first got the watch I’d try to get maximum battery out of it like I would a Garmin watch, but it seems like the Bluejay doesn’t handle low battery levels well.

4 Likes

Ouch, that is a painful solution. But better than it getting bricked I guess.

1 Like

Ok…
What happened here was that it was fully charged and operational. I was on a four hour cycle and halfway through it just died.
Totally non responsive and screen blank…

1 Like

I’ve notices activity can drain the battery really fast? If I’m on the bike it can drain the battery in a few hours what would typically take a couple days. Did the watch vibrate just before it died? Thats typical of my failure mode. I cannot for the life of me figure out what triggers it, seems like putting on a long sleeved shirt sometimes causes it to die which is weird.

As always, YMMV.

1 Like

I can’t recall it vibrating before it died. It just flatlined before I knew it. So you reckon leave it unplgged and sitting there for a few days and then try charging it again??
I cant see how activity shortens the battery life. I’ve done similar duration activities before with no issues…

1 Like

If its the same I’ve observed thats what has worked. Make sure its full discharged, in my experience it will restart within 10 seconds of being on the charger once its discharged.

On balance I still like the watch, since I can seem to work around my specific issue with dying, but this seems like a drawback with using a device without major manufacturer backing.

1 Like

Yes true… We’ll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks a million for your input👍

1 Like

Activity doesn’t seem to affect battery life for me.
I have had one issue similar to this, and letting the battery die, then recharging solved it for me. Been fine ever since.

2 Likes

Yeah letting it totally discharge seems to be the go to fix. I’m going to leave it for a few days and try charge it again.
But just to confirm, mine has totally flatlined, nothing… Similar to yours??

1 Like

Mine was dead one time and recharging it fixed it. I don’t know if it was the same issue you are having. You can try recharging it right away and see if that fixes it.

1 Like

That’s part of the problem here. When I put it on charge it doesn’t vibrate or buzz… zero… nothing out of it

1 Like

Have you tried the second charge cable?
I think they still send you two with the GTS.

1 Like

@Hammer, do you know if there is a hard reset on it?

1 Like

Yes, no luck there either. In a couple of hours it’ll be dead for over 48 hrs so I’m going to plug it in again and see what happens🤞

1 Like

Not too sure…bluejay got back in touch with me and more or less said what you guys have been telling me

1 Like

The watch isn’t really DEAD yet. It can take a bit of time sometimes.

2 Likes

Waaayhaay… Back in business. Plugged it back in and hey presto. It’s charging and receiving data from my dexcom. Hopefully it continues. Thanks for all your input guys. Still baffled at how it flatlined. It was definitely charged to 100%

3 Likes

Ya, that’s what I did too. Just plugged it in and it fixed it.

1 Like

Suuuuper frustrating, eh?

2 Likes