Inexpensive watch?

My TicWatch bricked again, this time it looks like for good. Does anyone know of an inexpensive watch that I can get my Dexcom G6 reading on? I don’t want to spend another $400 on another smartwatch.

WAY too many categories here.

Bluejay gts if all you’re looking for is a cgm repeater on your wrist. It’s great for that and doesn’t really do any other smart watch stuff, or even keeep time well

1 Like

I haven’t ever heard of Bluejay. How does it keep time? My TicWatch got the time from the phone.

I use a fitbit versa, that gets bgs from cheap android phone with xDrip. I don’t have phone service on it, I have another phone for that!!

I can keep xDrip phone on all night and plugged in for quick glance to see BG and trend when needed. xDrip can also have many different alarm sounds.

Older versions of Apple Watch such as the 4 are usually priced around $150.

You manually enter it. It loses a minute every day or two, and any time the watch restarts(which just happens spontaneously sometimes) the time disappears and has to be re entered.

It is truly essentially useless for anything but a cgm. The beauty of it though is it receives the signal directly from the dexcom transmitter, not via a phone or other receiver.

I literally wear it on one wrist and a real watch on the other and don’t even try to get it to do anything other than cgm

@Sam I don’t know what is happening with your Blue Jay, but mine has always kept perfect time without any intervention. Apparently it is getting it automatically from my Google Pixel 5a phone on Android 14, but it also worked on my 2016 Huawei with Android 6. I looked though the Blue Jay settings but could not find one for telling it whether or not to use the phone time. I use my Blue Jay for time and as my Dexcom G6 data collector connecting directly to the Dexcom sensor in the second slot, and I bought a second one for backup that I have not used yet. Since sweat killed my Sony I really appreciate the non-usb gold plated charge contacts that are holding up well, and I am fine with a cheap-looking plastic watch. I hope jamorham will come up with a version that connects directly to the G7 before I convert. Otherwise I would have to go back to using the phone as the data collector and don’t know if the watch will work with that on G7 or not. For me this is the best watch I have ever used.

I’m an iPhone guy so it’s distinctly possible I’m missing out on some android features like perhaps updating the time…. I’d be interested to hear if it kept good time if your phone wasn’t connected

Sorry, @Sam but my phone is almost always connected!

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like the BLueJay is what I am looking for- direct from sensor to the watch.

Except for the two-device limit of the Dexcom sensor. Only two devices may connect to the sensor. (It’s a BlueRay Low Energy thing). Currently my Dexcom app in the phone takes one slot and my Omnipod takes the other.

Has anyone found a way around this? The various WearOS apps get the data from the phone.

I haven’t. I just turn the phone app off as soon as the sensor is activated. I don’t miss it.

Occasionally it’ll accidentally get turned back on and it’ll take me a while to figure out why the watch stopped working. For whatever reason the phone always takes priority over the watch it seems. The app on phone always boots the watch, never the other way around