Best and Cheapest Watch to use with Dexcom G6?

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a really good watch for their Dexcom G6. I have a Samsung S9 phone, but looking for a cheaper watch that I can see my Glucose Reading on? Not real tech savy and not a lot of money, Blessings to anyone that can help me here :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Several posts mention the Bluejay watch as a good choice.

I currently use Fitbit Ionic but will likely try BlueJay this year.

2 Likes

The Bluejay does a really good job of installing xdrip and connecting to the G6 transitters.
If you are not using a pump to connect to your Dexcom G6, then the Bluejay will connect to the transmitter through the pump slot. And your phone will still be able to connect through the phone slot.
And it is the lowest cost (besides an old used Sony SW3). It ships from England, so it takes a little while, but still lowest cost.

Unfortunately the Watlaa One does NOT support Dexcom G5/G6.
From their FAQ page.
"### Can I connect to my G5 or G6 ?

No you can not. As of now G5/G6 is not supported. We have no plans as of now to support Dexcom. We will revisit these plans in the future if necessary."

2 Likes

Welcome @LucyLu! Great first question! Do you want the watch to just display the phone data (Blood sugar readings), or connect directly to the watch so you don’t have to be near your phone?

1 Like

Thank you for the Warm Welcome. Have had D since 12 yrs old, and 58 yrs old now, so still learning, as I age,lol.

Looking for the watch to connect to phone, so it doesn’t have to be so close, would be awesome. I want to still use my dexcom G6 if possible so that all my readings will still go through clarity and to my Drs office as well. Mostly want my BG readings be on my wrist though, as the watch I have is an Asus 2 Zenwatch 5035, and worked great, until I made the mistake of doing an update on my Samsung S9 phone, from that point on I cannot get my watch to do anything but tell time, let me know who’s calling, etc. I really want to spend no more than $150. tops for another.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help, so many helpful replies. I just ordered the Bluejay 2, it said it will take 5-7 days to arrive, may just go through withdrawl not having my numbers on my wrist now that I have gotten used to it being there, but better than nothing, or I could reset my Samsung S9 and start fresh I suppose. I think I will just have to learn some patience though. I sure do appreciate everyone’s help.

3 Likes