Bluejay GTS discontinued

I inquired about the GTS and received this reply:

“The GTS is discontinued. We have no stock and the watch is no longer being made. We have a new model, which is significantly different to the GTS, called the U1. You can see more about this on the shop.”

3 Likes

As long as it still displays your Dexcom numbers, it’s not “significantly different”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the update! Hopefully the new one is still useful and affordable!

3 Likes

Just ordered the new model—much cheaper than an Apple watch!

4 Likes

The shop doesn’t show much relevant info for me— all I really want to know is can it act as a standalone receiver with the g6? And or g7?

1 Like

Can you tell us how much it was?

Also, when you get it, let us know if it is compatible with both the G6 and the G7. Thanks!

1 Like

The very short battery life is what stopped me from ordering it. (24 hours typical)
It has 4G cellular data (SIM card), etc.
Price isn’t bad, $138
https://bluejay.website/shop/product/bluejay-u1-27

2 Likes

Yeah the 24h thing would be a real tough swallow for me too. I’d much value less features and longer battery life. I still get 2+ days out of my original gts…. I have a new one on shelf. And I’ll try to replace this battery if it goes bad. Did you find a good way to reseal the case?

1 Like

It says it runs xdrip which to me would indicate it’s g7 compatible as xdrip is g7 compatible.

1 Like

I have not had much luck with Xdrip on my phone. It does not connect easily. :man_shrugging:

So this does not sound ideal for me. Hopefully it will work better on the watch than it does on my phone.

@MarkP some of us are using the BlueJay as the collector with the G6, talking directly to the G6 transmitter. But the Bluejay has a lightweight chip that can’t handle the computational load Dexcom has built into the G7. So you have to use your phone as the collector and have it relay the numbers to the BlueJay. Or buy a more powerful watch.

2 Likes

Can you explain? What did they change in the protocol between the G6 and G7?

1 Like

Apparently Dexcom now encripts the data the sensor/transmitter sends to the collector. Bluejay customer service said “The G7 needs a much more powerful CPU to decode the data, it’s locked up like fort knox. The little CPU in the GTS won’t do it.”

I can’t charge the new U1 model overnight, since that’s when I rely on the watch to wake me up. So I am planning to go back to the phone as the collector. I really like the Bluejay, but I may look for another Android Wear watch with longer battery life.

2 Likes