New BlueJay GTS Watch!

Yes I’ve had signal with phone continuously, before I got the BluJay watch. The first few times I tried the watch I lost signal as soon as the pads went on over the G6 transmitter. I solved that by putting the sensor on a zone of upper arm that does not get covered by pads. With watch on the same arm as sensor I have signal until about 30-45 minutes later when it mysteriously drops out. Only correlation I’ve seen for the drop out is extreme sweatiness under the watch…it’s been hot lately!

1 Like

It is the pads for sure. Last night the signal dropped out as soon as I strapped on shoulder and elbow pads. (Still using the same sensor, upper arm/lower shoulder which places it under a pad). About 15 minutes later I was able to wriggle the pads around and expose the sensor to see if I could grab a signal. It worked to do that and I was able to rely on the watch during and after the hockey.

1 Like

Is there a workaround you can use for games?

1 Like

Is there any rhyme or reason to how often the alarms do or don’t repeat? If there’s a pattern or adjustable settings I haven’t figured out either

1 Like

They seem like an odd pattern for timing, that is for sure.
I think if you completely ignore an alarm, the total time before it gives up repeating itself is about 2.5 to 3 minutes. That is about the only thing that seems consistent.
I use two alarms in the morning. 5 minutes apart from each other, in case I sleep through the first series of vibrations.
I haven’t tried to really time them though.

3 Likes

Any ideas what I should look for to buy a replacement watchband? The silicone band that was OEM with the watch broke pretty easily, ripped itself right through the cross pin. Apple Watch bands don’t fit. I’ve tried a variety of old watchbands from the junk drawer and nothing comes close.

2 Likes

It is a 20mm band and not a 22mm band like many other watches out there.
Amazon has a number of viable options.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095KH2D4R

4 Likes

The alarm buzzes 30 times, then goes silent. I still haven’t timed it yet, but I DID count them!

2 Likes

What I can’t figure out is if you manually silence it— when does it and when doesn’t it re-alarm

1 Like

If I long press, it stays off.
I have silenced it a few times that was a temporary thing, but I account that to user error on my part.

1 Like

It eventually sounds again at some point, following some pattern that I don’t understand

1 Like

When silencing the alarm, is the watch showing the face, or is it off?
If I silence it with the face off, I got random issues like yours.
If I wake the watch up and it shows everything, including the alarm. Then I long press. It will fully silence that alarm.

2 Likes

Seems like the face is always on while it’s alarming?

1 Like

Is it showing the alarm itself, or the full face like normal?
If it shows the alarm only info, it will not silence. More like a random snooze.
Full face like normal silences fine for me.

1 Like

It’s hard to say, at this point, because I’m usually mostly asleep, but I’ll try to pay attention to that

1 Like

How dare you try and sleep. Diabetes is your awake friend to ensure you are always sleep deprived. /s

1 Like

That could be your problem. I know I struggled with it for a while.
Want to know my solution?
For my first alarm, I don’t silence it!
I just let it vibrate however it makes it happy.
I will often silence my second alarm, but I am normally somewhat awake by then.

1 Like

As far as the alarms go, I only wear the watch a few hours a day but when I get a vibratory buzzing alarm I just let it keep buzzing until it gives up.

Here’s the replacement band I ended up buying, FYI. Seems like pretty decent quality:
Amazon.com: 2PACK AHXLL Nylon bands compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm 40mm/Active 40mm/Galaxy Watch 3 41mm/ Galaxy Watch 4 40mm 44mm /Galaxy Watch 5 Pro 45mm, 20mm Stretchy Sport Loop Breathable Wristband (Black+Army Green) : Cell Phones & Accessories