New BlueJay GTS Watch!

Yes I’ve had signal with phone continuously, before I got the BluJay watch. The first few times I tried the watch I lost signal as soon as the pads went on over the G6 transmitter. I solved that by putting the sensor on a zone of upper arm that does not get covered by pads. With watch on the same arm as sensor I have signal until about 30-45 minutes later when it mysteriously drops out. Only correlation I’ve seen for the drop out is extreme sweatiness under the watch…it’s been hot lately!

1 Like

It is the pads for sure. Last night the signal dropped out as soon as I strapped on shoulder and elbow pads. (Still using the same sensor, upper arm/lower shoulder which places it under a pad). About 15 minutes later I was able to wriggle the pads around and expose the sensor to see if I could grab a signal. It worked to do that and I was able to rely on the watch during and after the hockey.

1 Like

Is there a workaround you can use for games?

1 Like

Is there any rhyme or reason to how often the alarms do or don’t repeat? If there’s a pattern or adjustable settings I haven’t figured out either

1 Like

They seem like an odd pattern for timing, that is for sure.
I think if you completely ignore an alarm, the total time before it gives up repeating itself is about 2.5 to 3 minutes. That is about the only thing that seems consistent.
I use two alarms in the morning. 5 minutes apart from each other, in case I sleep through the first series of vibrations.
I haven’t tried to really time them though.

3 Likes

Any ideas what I should look for to buy a replacement watchband? The silicone band that was OEM with the watch broke pretty easily, ripped itself right through the cross pin. Apple Watch bands don’t fit. I’ve tried a variety of old watchbands from the junk drawer and nothing comes close.

2 Likes

It is a 20mm band and not a 22mm band like many other watches out there.
Amazon has a number of viable options.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095KH2D4R

4 Likes

The alarm buzzes 30 times, then goes silent. I still haven’t timed it yet, but I DID count them!

2 Likes

What I can’t figure out is if you manually silence it— when does it and when doesn’t it re-alarm

1 Like

If I long press, it stays off.
I have silenced it a few times that was a temporary thing, but I account that to user error on my part.

1 Like

It eventually sounds again at some point, following some pattern that I don’t understand

1 Like

When silencing the alarm, is the watch showing the face, or is it off?
If I silence it with the face off, I got random issues like yours.
If I wake the watch up and it shows everything, including the alarm. Then I long press. It will fully silence that alarm.

2 Likes

Seems like the face is always on while it’s alarming?

1 Like

Is it showing the alarm itself, or the full face like normal?
If it shows the alarm only info, it will not silence. More like a random snooze.
Full face like normal silences fine for me.

1 Like

It’s hard to say, at this point, because I’m usually mostly asleep, but I’ll try to pay attention to that

1 Like

How dare you try and sleep. Diabetes is your awake friend to ensure you are always sleep deprived. /s

1 Like

That could be your problem. I know I struggled with it for a while.
Want to know my solution?
For my first alarm, I don’t silence it!
I just let it vibrate however it makes it happy.
I will often silence my second alarm, but I am normally somewhat awake by then.

1 Like

As far as the alarms go, I only wear the watch a few hours a day but when I get a vibratory buzzing alarm I just let it keep buzzing until it gives up.

Here’s the replacement band I ended up buying, FYI. Seems like pretty decent quality:
Amazon.com: 2PACK AHXLL Nylon bands compatible with Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm 40mm/Active 40mm/Galaxy Watch 3 41mm/ Galaxy Watch 4 40mm 44mm /Galaxy Watch 5 Pro 45mm, 20mm Stretchy Sport Loop Breathable Wristband (Black+Army Green) : Cell Phones & Accessories

So as the g6 only has two channels— is my assumption correct that if using the omnipod 5 I’d have to chose either the phone or the watch to track dexcom, not both? Because the omnipod would occupy one of the channels?

Correct, the Omnipod will take up the pump channel, and the bluejay will have to take up the phone channel.
You CAN have both your phone(only if you are running xdrip,) and bluejay take up the same channel, but I do not suggest it. They just don’t play well together.
If you have xdrip on your phone. Then run the watch as the only collector and just let your watch send data to your phone.
This actually works very well.
If you don’t have xdrip, then you really can’t run both the phone/watch as collectors on the phone slot.

2 Likes