New BlueJay GTS Watch!

Just got mine. Thanks for the help. I’ll be setting it up today. One other question— does it vibrate with alerts?

1 Like

It does, yes.

1 Like

This thing is great. Game changer. I don’t have any of the smart features or anything else, strictly a cgm watch. I wear it on my right wrist because I’m sure as hell not taking my Rolex off my left

7 Likes

Agree!! I’ve been using xDrip with fitbit watch for a couple years. Vibrate alerts are great.

2 Likes

Maybe you could also add a Whoop sensor, I think three wrist gadgets is the perfect number.

2 Likes

Glad everyone is liking this new watch!
I love the KISS principle that this watch employs.

2 Likes

A line appeared though my reading number
And the watch has stopped receiving data. I tried restarting it but it doesn’t seem to help. Still getting readings on my phone. Any tips ?

1 Like

On my fitbit I can tap watchface upper right corner, and usually get refresh. Sometimes bluetooth needs to reset.

1 Like

What do you have set as the collector, the watch or the phone?
I really like using the watch as the collector. It does a very good job of being the stand alone collector.
I let it communicate with my phone, so I can still see the numbers on my phone, but I really only need them on my watch.
If you have the phone as the collector (sounds like it, as the phone has your numbers and the watch doesn’t.) then you might want to change that.
Do you have a Tandem pump that is reading your dexcom as well?
If not, then the watch is already using the pump slot on the dexcom. And explains why the phone is still getting your numbers.
If this is the case, then I would verify that the transmitter ID is still correct. I have had the watch somehow change the ID on me, and it took me a WHILE to figure out this was why I wasn’t getting current numbers.

1 Like

I’m not sure where to find the collector setting? I don’t have a pump— just the phone, watch and Dexcom. I never changed any collector settings and never have found that setting I just entered the transmitter number and it started working.

Since I sent that message it seemingly spontaneously started working again

2 Likes

The watch is default set to use the Pump slot on the dexcom. So you should be fine for that part.
Also, do you have the transmitter on the opposite side of your body from your watch? I know I loose signal if I do this.

1 Like

Yeah currently it’s on my left tricep area and watch is on right wrist. That could be a factor but that’s the first and only time it acted up— no readings for about 90 minutes

1 Like

I know you won’t switch wrists with your other watch, but it would help the situation.
I move my sensor from side to side on my body, and swap what wrist I have the GTS watch on when I do it. This makes the connection work very well for me. Not perfect, but darn close.
I also make sure I have the watch used the largest Backfill hours possible. Not sure if you can set this on the watch though. I change this setting through xdrip on my phone.

4 Likes

I get occasional no readings from any Dex device I use - watch, phone, or receiver. The problem is not the watch, it’s just the nature of Dex.

2 Likes

I tend to lose signal on my Bluejay a lot more frequently than on my iPhone. Not sure why, they’ll both be in similar locations or the Bluejay will be closer to the Dex. Always comes back.

1 Like

Would be nice if the Rolex would have a blood sugar complication. That would be really cool. An analogue needle pointing to your current blood sugar. Very old and new school at the same time.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Hi @Hammer we have the GTS for our daughter. T slim pump looping with G6 sensor.
Since we upgraded to tslim, and G6 has 2 channels, (1 used for the pump and 1 for the phone) we have sadly lost the use of the watch. We are trying to understand your posts. How we can use the watch to see BG, the pump as a loop and the phone connecting through the watch so we can track her numbers on the follow app. Is this possible? The phone she is using is an iphone if that makes a difference.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I don’t have direct experience with the iPhone.
I know you can easily have the watch use the phone slot. That will let the tslim pump use the pump slot.
What I am not sure on, is how to get the watch to tell the phone your numbers.
It does work just fine doing this on an android phone using xdrip. As that is how I use it. I NEVER let my phone act as collector. Only the watch.
And when the phone is in range of the watch, the watch updates the phone so it has the numbers as well in xdrip.
Not sure if there is an xdrip version for the iphone?
If you are using dexcom on the phone, then NO. It will not transfer the data.

2 Likes

Hi there, just wondering if you could tell me the screen/watch measurements please? We’re trying to find a suitable watch for our child. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks.

2 Likes