Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

May everyone have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Have a very safe and sound New Year!
And may you eat the food you want and your blood sugars mostly behave!!!

13 Likes

Same to all of the folks I’ve gotten to know here on FUD! Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, other or none of the above, have good times with friends and/or family! If you’re remote from them, give a call, video, light a candle, or whatever moves you! For those that are in the Service and gone this holiday, thanks for your service and sacrifices!

8 Likes

I am jewish my wife is christian but i have always celebrated christmas and rarely celebrate hanukkah.

When our kids were younger, we were fortunate to be able to go away - my wife hates winter so I could usually get her away on christmas to someplace warm.

As my wife has gotten older, she has gotten more and more into xmas. This year she went to Ocean State Job Lot and got two huge rolls of christmas lights. Comes home and says - ‘honey, can you put these up.’

So there I was, an old jew on a short stepladder, trying to string all these xmas lights across our garage. The weather was good, it was fun and I didn’t fall - but I did make sure I moved very deliberately.

In any event, merry christmas to all - and thanks everyone for your perspectives over the last year. Truly useful.

And this coming year we will need to share tips on Dexcom’s G7, since many of us will be starting up on it.

10 Likes

Happy holidays to you all! Here’s to another successful and fun year!

5 Likes

@bostrav59 Growing up across the street from us, the wife was Christian and the husband Jewish. Their boys were being raised Jewish but at Christmas time they celebrated Hanakkuh and Christmas. They got gifts for the 8 days of Hanakkuh and more under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning!

Many years ago I used to sell Christmas items and our house ended up decorated many months of the year. When I stopped I was sort of burned out on Christmas decorations and we didn’t decorate for years. Quite a few years after we had moved to a new house which was a 2 story house and had a balcony across the front. And I thought 3 tiers of lights would look really nice. I talked to my husband and he was very bah humbug about decorating. So I found a service that would provide everything needed and decorate. It was beautiful. The next year my hubby still didn’t want to decorate and the company had disappeared but I had heard electricians would do it and sure enough I called and he put everything up.

That started a tradition of decorating, I saw some blue deer I wanted the next year so we bought them and my husband said he would do the decorating. Since then we now add something new each year. My husband has even rewired many of lights on the animals since some don’t last past a few years. One of the first blue deer is still going strong! You can see them in the picture towards the right back a little.

It was nice coming home from work and seeing the house decorated, it was so peaceful and mood lifting. Our current neighborhood loves them too and we have our neighbors at Halloween making sure our Christmas lights will be going up and a lot of people like to look. We now have neighbors near us that have started putting up lights and some decor.

10 Likes

@Marie

Just WOW, WOW, WOW !!!

Just returned from visit with sister and her extended family. Was great seeing how my niece’s 18 month old enjoys experiencing so many new things. And getting spoiled.

I live in a neighborhood where several families get pretty decked out.

Growing up, my Dad made large “snow family” from plywood, about 4-6 feet high and smiley faces and mittens. Lasted many years, of enjoyment.

6 Likes

Wow, @Marie, your decorations are the best!! I love all of the animals and birds, very Hawaiian! :heart: :palm_tree:

5 Likes