I watch series 1 and xdrip

I am a droid user and wanted to know if a series 1 apple watch could be used to read xdrip without the use of an I phone?

@Mdewulft1 No, you can only use a Sony Smartwatch 3 out of the box, or a few of the newer watches with a rom patch for that.

There is an app called “Spike” that you can sideload onto an iPhone that may allow a series 1 watch act as a collector (receiver), but you would definitely need the iphone.

Spike is an iPhone fork of xDrip+, but years behind in development. But I’ve heard that some users like it. Just Google it and you’ll get the instructions for installing it.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, I’m aware of Spike,but I’m not switching to Apple products. Had a friend offer me the use of her old watch, and prior to taking it had to ck with the experts. Again I truly appreciate it!! Sticking with my xdrip and will ck out sony smart watch!

@Mdewulft1 The SSW3 is an oldie but goody. It’s been out of production for a while but Amazon or eBay might have one.

If you don’t mind invalidating a warranty you could patch the rom of a more readily available watch. For a list of those available see
https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/wiki/Patching-Android-Wear-devices-for-use-with-the-G5

1 Like

Thank you … I truly appreciate the info and will ck it out. :blush: