How do I start xdrip+ with a Dexcom?

I went through the whole procedure, got it working, and then it lost connection somehow and I couldn’t figure it out so gave up. Plan on doing it over using the other website option (I used Heroku instead of Azure although there are better install/configuration options for Azure - I went with Heroku because it seemed to be the easier/quicker of the 2 methods to set up.) I plan on getting it set up again in the near future, though, since I found out you can use transmitters longer using xDrip/Nightscout.

1 Like

Coming in with the same original issue as OP. I’ve tried to restart my phone. Unsure how to restart sensor. I am unable to calibrate

@Woody Start the Source Wizard. Choose G5/G6. Go into settings>G5 debug. Make sure “authenticate G5 before each reading” and “constantly scan for Bluetooth” are checked. Disconnect your Dexcom and/or receiver. Wait a few minutes and it will connect.

Seems as if it’s connected. But still same message at top asking for 2 readings. I haven’t used the receiver in months. Don’t even know where it is.

Any insight would be appreciated

@Woody It’s working. It only gets a reading every five minutes, so this routine takes a bit of time.

Are you using G5. If so you should be using OB1 collector. It has better connectivity.

Clicked on the OB1 awhile ago. Restarted the sensor then as well. Still no changes. Sorry for the trouble, just don’t know the issues

No trouble, glad to help.

Try to check " allow ob1 unbonding" and " allow OB1 to initiate bonding". Then restart the routine.

Sorry you’re having such a problem, but we’ll get it to work for you.

After restarting sensor. I saw it literally connect and then say disconnected one second later

@Woody You need to check “authenticate G5 before each read”.

Also, make sure location is enabled on your phone.

I would suggest getting all the settings correct, going through the connection wizard again, and start in the sequence over again.

1 Like

Location was enabled. Just cant seem to figure out the issue.

I turned the Dexcom app back on, because I didnt have the time or patience on a Monday to try and figure it out. Will start over next weekend when I change out sensors.