Xdrip with G6

I just switched back from iPhone to android, and apparently my phone is not compatible with the official dexcom app. From my searches on this site, it looks like xdrip should work with the G6. I’ve never used xdrip, so I’m a little lost trying to figure this out. I think I found the right app to download through Github, but when I open it, it does not give an option to choose G6. Any ideas? Am I downloading the wrong app? Thanks!

@Ahenrietta, you might also look at this reddit page. It’s a “customized” Dexcom app with the Play store permissions removed, so it should run on most Androids 4.4+.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diabetes/comments/8ja38m/oc_build_your_own_dexcom_app_now_with_g6_support/

Thank you! That is a perfect solution!

Another question: is there any way to get a cgm watch face on an android watch using this app? According to dexcom website with their app, the watch face should just automatically appear as an option when you download the phone app, but it doesn’t seem to be there with this app.

xdrip+ is not too hard to install and get going if you get tired of the Dexcom App. It does work with the G6 and allows you to run the sensor past the 10 day shut-off.

The install link is here. You need to allow your phone to install from an “unknown source”.

https://jamorham.github.io/

There is an xdrip facebook group that has a detailed PDF on installation if you need it of how to do the settings.

Let me or @docslotnick know if you want to go this way and we can help needed.

2 Likes

When you install xDrip+ on your phone, the phone app gets installed by Android Wear, just like all your other phone apps do. So make sure you have your phone and watch connected via Android Wear first.

It can take up to a couple of hours to have all your apps, including xDrip+, loaded to your watch. Try not to be in a hurry.

1 Like

I just installed xdrip on my OnePlus6T because the dexcom devs are so far behind in getting it certified.

In regards to the watch app, I have a Motorola 360, if you pull up your menu by pressing the crown button, then open Play Store, scroll down to Apps on your phone section, look for xdrip, install. You should be good to go from there.

I use xDrip with G6 on an LG Stylo. I’m hoping someone on this thread might have some ideas as to why XDrip no longer working. I kept getting a notice about updating the version and avoided it for several weeks. I finally gave in last Friday. Since then, I’ve had to uninstall/reinstall it five times and every time it works for six hours before losing all communication and never linking up again. I don’t want to completely give up on it because it used to work so great. Any ideas? Thanks!
UPDATE: I reinstalled a prior version and it seems to be working.

I am considering using xDrip for my G6 sensor because I am tired of Dexcom mismanagement and idiotic decisions they make not taking into account patient needs.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Android version 5.0.1. Is it compatible with XDrip and the G6? If yes, where do I find the best tutorials to set up xDrip?

I appreciate your assistance.

Brian