Ticwatch and Dexcom stopped working

\I have had my TicWatch for a couple of years and use it to watch my G6 sugar levels. But, yesterday it suddenly stopped receiving any data. I restarted the phone (Android) and restarted the watch- still no data. Any tips would be appreciated.

1 Like

try updating the software, if you seem to be using current software, you can try xdrip instead…ive used xdrip since 2018, and prefer it because it allows different ringtones for high, persistent high, low, predicted low…i often wear noise cancelling headphones at work, and am warned of rising or falling glucose levels without ever looking at my phone or watch…i have also used the ticwatch since 2018…started with the e, now on the dual processor pro3? seems like the batteries only last about 1-2 years. the essential mode doesn’t work with xdrip, but you can use always on and still get 1-2 days with the pro3 or 4 ir whatever it is now

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense that I could look at the watch one minute, and less than t5en minutes later, my BG is zero.

How do you install xdrip? It isn’t in the Play Store.

1 Like

its on github, if you look it up, itll take you to the latest or latest nightly version…click on assets and download the apk…itll take a little while, but dont forget to set up all the ringtones and predictions under settings

1 Like

Here are details on xDrip setup

1 Like

I have never installed anything on my phone that wasn’t in the app store. All the instructions say is to download the apk file and install it??
How? What are the steps?

1 Like

Correct, not in app store.

You need to allow installation from unknown source first.

You need to authorize installation of apps from unknown sources in Android security settings.
xDrip+ is virus and malware free: being open source and controlled by the main developer make its distribution safe if you download it from GitHub.

This may be different based on your android version, but search for unknown sources on your phone.
You need to authorize installation of apps from unknown sources in Android security settings.

xDrip+ is virus and malware free: being open source and controlled by the main developer make its distribution safe if you download it from GitHub.

Under settings, you will set option to do this type of load, for trusted apps not in playstore.

Then you download the apk file and open it.

Then follow the other posts or xDrip topics on FUD.
There are many advanced features, but easy to just do basic setup to get sensor going, then explore the additional logging and alerting options.

1 Like

Thanks. This is the information that I was looking for.

Another question- I read somewhere that I can’t be running the Dexcom app and the Xdrip app at the same time. Is this correct? If so, how do I share my BG data with my endocrinologist? Can my wife still see my BG levels on her iPhone?

1 Like

this is correct, you have to choose one, as they usually conflict with each other (transmitter issue)…my dr. uses nightscout reports, however, we can’t seem to change the Germany time in the reports. i believe you can also set up an xdrip follow, but i have only had sucess using nightscout… if you set up both xdrip and nightscout, you can also set up an alexa skill that will work at home, so there are lots of great xdrip discoveries

1 Like

How would she get these? Would she simply log on to my herokuapp account?
Also, how do I change my data source in Nightscout from Dexcom to Xdrip?

1 Like

if you already have a nightscout account, you are fine, you just have to go to the cloud settings in xdrip and put the website in…when your dr logs into your nightscout, there are report options… again, youll have to adjust for German time…

1 Like

Yes. Transmitter can pair with one phone device and one receiver. In my case, I use Tandem pump as receiver and xDrip on phone. If you have dexcom receiver you could use that, but cannot use both xDrip and Dexcom app.

This sounds logical, but… I have been using my phone to monitor my BG levels for a couple of years. The Dexcom receiver also receives data from the G6. At the same time.

The Dexcom transmitter has two radio connections. One can be used for a medical device like a Dexcom receiver or a t:slim pump. The other connection can be used for a phone. But the transmitter can’t use both connections to attach to a single phone.

When the Dexcom transmitter has a connection to your iPhone, if the Dexcom app has grabbed it, it’s already in use so Xdrip can’t connect to it. If Xdrip gets there first, then the Dexcom app can’t find a place to connect.

Since there is no “on/off” switch, I would need to delete the Dexcom app from the phone, correct?

correct…i haven’t used the Dexcom app since 2016? with a g4 and a samsung s5 and Sony watch?

Or just remove the transmitter id from app or make invalid entry. Then delete the bluetooth transmitter id and pair again to xDrip with correct trans id.

Then if you don’t like xDrip, you could switch back.

I use a fitbit watch, and get readings from xDrip. Watch will vibrate for alarms which is very helpful.