Xdrip + Smartwatch collectors

@RogerType1 Maybe it’s a problem with your settings, on your watch or on your phone, or both.

For BLE to work on the watch you need to enable location and Wi-Fi. This is often overlooked. Also you should experiment with the G5/G6 setthings even though you’re using a Libre.
It should work.

1 Like

Agree with @docslotnick, I’ve used the SSW3 as standalone collector, too. I switched to Apple for Loop, but otherwise I’d still be using the Sony Smartwatch as a standalone collector!

1 Like

Never mind, I forgot about the extra algorithm the u.s.14 day libre needs…its a separate app that only runs on the phone using the miaomiao2… before this concoction, I was using eversense which needs a separate app for the readings… Dexcom might work but my Insurance company, Cigna, wants $1688 for the 1st 90 days which is too much…

I too agree with @docslotnick and have been using the Sony with his help as a standalone collector. My phone can be in the next county and when I get back to it the data backfills and the capture ratio I see is normally 100% – much better than my phone ever achieved. It coexists with my Tandem pump as the second device linked to my G6 transmitter. But you have to be willing to put in some effort with xDrip+ as you start the learning curve.

2 Likes

I have miaomiao2 with libre and find that vibration works much better to wake up for lows and highs . I tried a kospet prime se standalone android and found that the vibration was weak ,the alarms were inconsistent and the missed readings with both xdrip and glimp. Tomato couldnt be resized to see the bind screen.

1-Was wondering if people could comment re what new smartwatch has the best performance for a collector

2-has the strongest vibration.

3-According to the xdrip site only watches that have wear os are supported
Can people comment on the reliability and xdrip support for fitbit versa or samsung smartwatches on tizen os

Thank you for your help

If you are in the united states, watches won’t work as stand alone connectors due to the oop algorithm which does not work on watches, only phones… If you are outside the u.s, it still seems inconsistent, especially if you are relying on it to wake you up…I personally use 4 distinct mp3 ringtones from movies for predicted low, low, high, constant high…mostly just 3 …constant high is usually only if I’m sick, makes it a lot easier to wake up…my phone and watch usually charges at night and the ringtones are enough to wake me up…you can even mess with ascending volumes, etc

I have been using the Sony SW3 as a standalone collector for the Dexcom G5 for more than 3 years. It has been a very reliable collector. The vibration alerts are strong enough to can even alert a fellow passenger in the car. It would be hard to imagine a better stand-alone watch for a collector.

1 Like

I think most Android wear watches work fine with the Dexcom as stand alone collectors, however, the miaomiao2 and libre combos don’t work yet due to the extra oop algorithm app that only works on the phones. I was strictly replying to @ast who is probably unable to obtain a Dexcom easily…

I was basically replying to the statement that most Android watches in the US do not work as a standalone collector. I would be at a loss without the Sony SW3. Basically it does everything I need an in very situation; swimming, in security without a cell phone or running. I also rely on the transflective display that most watches do not have.