xDrip+ Integration with Tidepool

@elion You could test by disabling bit defender, and the try the upload before re enabling it.

Just a thought. Are you outside of the USA or north America? I think I read somewhere that it doesn’t work for foreign connections. I could be misremembering.

2 Likes

@docslotnick I have uninstalled Bitdefender but the same message in the events log: Data Upload was not successful: 400 bad request. I am outside of the USA or north America but still I can upload Omnipod data for example. I wrote also to Tidepool support, and sent the events log to Jamorham. It seems it could be something else like pazaan comments:

"The Tidepool integration can fail with the error “400 Bad Request”, leading to “stuck” uploads.

This occurs when there are invalid values in xDrip that the Tidepool servers will not accept, resulting in the 400 response (such as negative CGM values).

We need to add a data validation step before uploading to Tidepool."

2 Likes

@elion I don’t know where bad values would be in the xDrip+ database, but this explanation seems plausible.

Perhaps you could do some sleuthing. Go to the date range you think the error might be and search the history and see if you can find it.

Or simply uninstall/reinstall.

@docslotnick If invalid values are the cause, they may appear again and uninstall/reinstall would be just temporary solution and previous data would be lost what I would like to avoid.

Where is the code that verifies the correctness of data?

I saw for example that negative BG values create an error, which is 100% natural, but it also seems that a bolus of 119, is invalid.

Although I agree that a bolus of 119, is not reasonable, I have no idea of how to find the limit (without trying…)

So, I’m looking for what the limits should be so I can put them in xdrip.

1 Like

How far back in time does xdrip+ data sync with Tidepool? Specifically, sometimes I enter my son’s bolus and carbs at the end of the day since he’s at elementary school during the day and I have to chat with him to confirm in the evening to see what he ate/snacked and bolused. I’m not sure how far back that data uploads to tidepool.

Eg, my carb and bolus data I entered into xdrip last night for Aug 27 hasn’t showed up on tidepool yet. Then today at 4p, I entered a bolus on xdrip from 10:45am, and that data hasn’t show up on tidepool as of 8:40p tonight.

I have no problems seeing the BG readings on tidepool, and that uploads beautifully. I use xdrip+ to sync my son’s Dexcom G6 across our family’s Android phones and then xdrip uploads to Tidepool. We also use the Tidepool app to add notes and tags. He also just started wearing a Sony smart watch 3… It’s great and I have all you guys to thank for your for sharing your documentation and experiences.

But I don’t see how I can manually add carbs or boluses into Tidepool, so that messes up his report averages and doses and I need to hand over something clean and accurate to his endo tomorrow. It’s only our third appointment (dx 10 weeks ago), so we have a lot to learn.

Hi @cdawg welcome to FUD!

You can have the data uploaded for the past 1440 minutes, or 24 hours. Just go to settings>Cloud upload>tidepool integration, and set the slider to however far you want it to look back. But be aware that if you set it at ,say, 1440 minutes, the tidepool upload will only occur once per day.

Fantastic. Now I see it. Thank you, @docslotnick!