xDrip for iOS?

Is xDrip not available on iOS? Do I have to have an Android to be able to use a battery replaced G5?

1 Like

@Muffy04
Try Spike for Apple

3 Likes

From what I understand Spike for iOS is very similar. It was a fork of xDrip+ and much improved since it’s original iteration.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was able to download and install successfully and am currently looking around and checking it out thanks!

3 Likes

@Muffy04: how did Spike work for you? I’m an xDrip+ user (on Android) but am considering getting an iPhone6S as a combined pump/CGM interface, but I like xDrip+ so if I can get an iOS version that’s something I will look in to.

John Bowler

@jbowler I think Spike is currently out of the Apple store because Apple revoked their certificates. The creators were working on a solution several weeks ago, so possibly they are up and running again.

1 Like

@elver: hum… I’m rapidly becoming disillusioned. It seems I need to buy a Mac to actually build the RileyLink s/w I need for the pump link and that is yet-more-money for something I don’t otherwise need. (At least the apple dev account is free; I found out I’ve had one for years and lastpass still remembers my password :slight_smile:

I’m trying to install virtualbox as a work-round but there comes a point where using an android phone with some crazy RPiZ/RileyLink hookup is easier; at least I have lots of experience with that kit (my home phone is an RPi.)

John Bowler

2 Likes

@jbowler sadly I am not in a position to help. I’m a Linux/Android guy that dabbles in Windows.

@elver: metoo. Well, I’m a gentoo [using] guy who uses Windows for business and just loves Visual Studio; I’ve downloaded VirtualBox on gentoo, I don’t uses Windows for dev when I can help it (despite the crush on VS).

1 Like

Am I correct that I only need a pc and a iphone to use this method? Costco just increased their prices from 26 to 150 for cash due to people buying them in bulk and reselling them.

The install process recently changed, and not sure we have any members that have used new instructions.

But yes, it appears you can install with pc and phone, using the 2nd method ( of 4 ) listed on the website.
Please update here with your experience or questions.