Xdrip alarm question

I have a Samsung Galaxy and it seems as though nothing happens when the missed readings alert should chime after 40 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a phone setting that can fix it?

1 Like

The Samsung OS is stopping apps running in the background, so, yes, stopping alarms. It’s a known issue with AndroidAPS which can be, and in my case is, stopped from working at some point (tap “DON’T KILL MY APP” in the AndroidAPS about box if you use AAPS).

JamOrHam likely has more knowledge; xDrip+ on my rig seems more resilient than AndroidAPS or, indeed, Dexcom’s BYODA, but it may just be that it has a faster recovery.

I’m running Android12 on a Galaxy S10 and all of those apps are perma-bypassed for the battery “optimization” (i.e. killing things that use battery.) I’ve got xDrip+ (nightly), Dexcom BYODA and AndroidAPS and they are all installed manually; not store apps.

1 Like

@MarkP does this happen for all alarms or just the missed readings alert? I have a newer Samsung model and I have more alarms than I would like. In fact I have actually toned some of them back a notch except for the “Ahh crap really that’s about to happen” alarms.

2 Likes

Just the missed readings alert, the other alerts are fine…and it used to work although right now the phone is in do not disturb mode.

1 Like

Solved it…there’s an alert profile under OTHER alerts for overriding the volume…I think my 1 year old silenced my phone

2 Likes