Xdrip adventure to date

Like I said, my last batch were 81xxx series. I never paid attention before that. I have no experience with the 8H or 8G series. You were lucky to get a transmitter in the 81 series but sooner or later you won’t be able to find them anymore. Hopefully I will have better luck with the 8H then you did because I’ve got 2 of them waiting to be used.

I wasn’t actively seeking a certain model. I just needed another transmitter, luckily Costco had them in stock. I immediately noticed an greater accuracy difference between the 81 and the 8H. I’ve been happy with the performance of this transmitter and that’s all that matters.

Ok, so this isn’t really about xdrip anymore because I haven’t tried using it for weeks. Just wanted to let everybody know that I was able to restart a Dexcom G6 sensor with the new 8H transmitters. Maybe someone can figure out how to move this post into a more relevant category. But here are the steps I took. My sensor age was 9 days and 23 hours.

1. I removed the transmitter. I know a lot of people use a test strip to do this. It is possible but it is harder because they are flimsy. Instead, I took a savings card from Rite Aid and cut it into small strips. It is the same width as a test strip but more sturdy. Just run the stip down one side of the transmitter and then the other and it should pop right out.

2. After the transmitter was out, I stopped it. I use a Tandem pump to stop it so don’t have any experience using the Dexcom receiver but think it should work the same.

3. I cleaned the transmitter and let it sit for 1/2 hour. I have no idea if it is necessary to wait or not.

4. I then reinserted the transmitter into the old sensor and started it with my pump, entering the code.

5. I waited the normal 2 hour warm up time after which my pump and the Dexcom App on my Samsung G8+ started giving me readings again.

For reference, the readings on the Dexcom were around 40 points higher then what my One Touch Verio Flex gave me but expect them to straighten out my tomorrow morning.