The last two G6 sensors have stopped working after 10 days exactly using xDrip+, but didn't used to

Ok, that makes a lot more sense; sub “it sounds like a problem in the Dexcom receiver” for “it sounds like a problem in the xDrip+ receiver”. For sure xDrip+ has problems with the newer Dexcom transmitters.

I have given up on xDrip+ (with the 8Gxxxx transmitters), others have too; see this thread:

or this one:

At this point so far as xDrip+ is concerned 8Gxxxx transmitters are DITW while the 8Hxxxx and 8Jxxxx (the last I received) are unknown quantities.

I think most of us have simply stopped using xDrip+; that’s based on the evidence of the people who have made definitive statements and have stated the transmitter versions they are using.

Without xDrip+ and having, reluctantly, swapped to an iPhone (cost $850) I do actually get totally reliably connectivity with the sensor, an 8Gxxxx transmitter and the Dexcom app on the thing. I never got that with xDrip+, even pre-8G. I do so miss the better UI with xDrip+, OOH I SO MISS THAT, now I have to be an intelligent user to cope with the interface, so iJohn here is feeling pretty annoyed. All the same, it does work, unlike other things I might mention.