Where do you find Contour Next test strips these days?

Thanks Eric. I too am more comfortable with WM than ebay at that price. I have bought things on ebay in the past and had no problems, but predictable (and hopefully free) shipping is important to me. And that’s hard to find on ebay.

Just ordered from WM…thanks again for being our private shopper! The ad for these strips says " This Price will not Last long Sale Ends This Month"

3 Likes

Thanks, didn’t notice that!

3 Likes

Just made my purchase at Walmart. Good price.

2 Likes

The walmart was similar price before tax/shipping. My ebay purchase was processed by paypal, and no additional charge… 600 for $199, with 2021 expiration date. Will confirm when it arrives.

2 Likes

I think you mean 600 for $199, because the Walmart price was 300 for $109.

2 Likes

Thanks, I corrected it in my post.
:grin:

1 Like

I received the eBay test strips… expiration date for all boxes is 2022-02-22.

I tested 2 strips from a new vial and got BG 60 and BG 61. This compared with a BG of 61 from the included 10 strips with the meter. So right on the nose.

However, my Dex G6 is showing 76! I changed the sensor last night (about 17 hours ago now) and initially the values were quite close to the Contour One meter fingersticks.

But now meter BG 61 vs CGM 76 a bit off, and for a LOW at that … would you calibrate???

3 Likes

that’s almost 20 points off. I would definitely try again in 15 minutes, and if your numbers havent synced up,i would definitely calibrate. Sometimes there’s a lag between the two (but finger sticks are the golden standard, so I would rely upon your meter for any treatment decisions.

1 Like

What is trend on dexcom? It would typically lag meter bg by 10-15 minutes.

1 Like

@daisymae @MM2 I think the trend was pretty flat on the CGM but you are probably right about CGM just being a lag behind the meter. A few more readings later CGM had moved up to 79, and my Contour One finger stick moved up to 67. So at least they were both moving in-sync upward. :grimacing:

I will take a finger stick again in an hour or so once most of my dinner has metabolized. I hope CGM and fingerstick will be closer! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Interesting… I ordered same day, same seller, delivery expected friday. You must be located much closer!!

2 Likes

Yep, mine was expected on Saturday, Aug 1! I hope you get your’s early, too, maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

@daisymae I purchase from both Amazon and Ebay both. Many times it’s the same seller on both platforms, and one platform or the other is cheaper based on how much the platform demands as payment.

4 Likes

I just did a finger stick with the new vial from eBay and it is now right inline with Dex. Contour One was 83, Dex was 81. No calibration necessary :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so happy that it worked out for you! It was probably a combination of lag time and digestion. Also, I have found that, sometimes, If I have finished exercising that immediately afterwards my Libre will read kind of wonky; I can even get those nasty arrows going straight up and think that I may be spiking, but when I do another finger stick I am definitely NOT; and then, if I wait a 1/2 hour, everything lines up again.

Again, I am so thrilled that you are enjoying your new meter! I am whole heartedly a HUGE fan of the Contour One Next. Also, and I don’t know if I mentioned this to you or not, but perhaps it will help some unknowing person on this forum: If you get the Contour One Next CARELINK, you can download any Medtronic pump data right off your computer (I know that you are one the POD, so I don’t know if this is possible). Its a fabulous feature, especially during this pandemic when many of us are having to do virtual video visits with our endos and cannot make it to their offices.

2 Likes

Yep, I notice this with Deacon, too :frowning:

2 Likes

FYI, 2 weeks ago, thanks to @Chris I went on Walmart.com and got 300 for $120 shipped to CA.

More than we used to pay, and harder to find!

2 Likes

I got mine from ebay, 1 day earlier than planned. As suspected, boxes are labeled for medicare use only, similar to previous shipments from Amazon.

1 Like

Ebay has the cheapest prices I have been able to find lately too. 400 strips/ $125 which equals 31.25¢/strip

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a whole year longer than the expiration I got and I bought them just a weeks ago on eBay!

2 Likes