Where do you find Contour Next test strips these days?

For those doing cash pay for contour next, where do you get lowest price. I used to get 6 boxes (300 strips) from AZM, but don’t see them anywhere. Maybe due to the MC use only on the boxes???

1 Like

I just looked, and couldn’t find them on Amazon, that really sucks. It used to be 300 strips for about $60 which we happily paid. Darn, going to have start looking.

1 Like

These are the only Contour Next strips on Amazon today, $0.35/strip. For about the past 6-8 months I’ve been paying $0.30/strip on Amazon, up from the old pricing of around $0.20/strip.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. Yes, the prices from AMZ continue to go up, but compared to local pharmacies this is a HUGE discount. I go through about 25 strips a day (I KNOW I’M INSANE), so these prices really help me out.

I just order 600 strips!

(I don’t ALWAYS use that many strips per day :crazy_face:, maybe somewhere between 15 - 20 )

3 Likes

Looks like you timed it right…today there are no Contour Next strips for sale on Amazon. Not sure I will be able to conveniently keep myself supplied if they aren’t available in future. Any idea if these are any good? They are about half the price.

2 Likes

I have never used them myself, so I cant say for sure at all. But have you read any of their reviews about their accuracy? that would be a good place to start. Also, you might want to ask a few FUD members who may have had experience with them (Maybe ask Eric??). Do you use the Contour Next One meter? ( I do, and am very very loyal to it as I have found that it is the most closely accurate to my A1cs…One Touch stinks terribly, btw, all models; I’ve tried them all.) Good luck. :pray: and again, thank you for your post.

Reviews are all over the place for the Easy Touch strips but they sure are cheap !!

I too have used the Contour Next One for years and don’t want to switch. However my insurance only covers One Touch with a pretty expensive copay so I had been self funding Contour next strips for a long time. Sort of scrambling for an alternative right now. I might take another run at my insurance to try to get the Contour Next strips covered which would be the best way to move forward if it works.

3 Likes

I have Medicare, and originally they would only cover One Touch products. Everything was 100% covered. It never dawned on me that there were more accurate meters or strips. I just used what my endo gave me (TONS of Free Samples…who thinks twice about freebees?) (he also was very generous with insulin as well, which was a definitely nice perk)

When I switched endos, my doc put in an order for the Bayer meter and strips, and for some unknown reason, Medicare covered most of it. 300 strips per month so long as I could provide a daily log of my BG testing. Easy peesy. But as I have mentioned before, I test a lot more than 10 times a day, so I have, like you, had to supplement my allotment of strips through AMZ. It was someone on FUD who directed me there. Originally, it cost about $150 for 600ct strips. now its gone up to over $200. But that is still more reasonable than anything you might find in a pharmacy by miles.

My experience with the One Touch products is this: ( and I have found this with each and every one of their meters) Major Discrepancies. I can use one meter and test 3 different times, using the same blood droplet sample, and get a wide difference in readings ( 104, 120, 67, etc); how the heck is one expected to dose based upon such inaccurate information? It was crazy.

IMHO, I would do more research before sticking with the One Touch products. I am certain that there are some more affordable meters and test strips out there if you pursue your search. Maybe start your own thread on FUD, and I’ll bet many will be eager to chime in with their plights and their guidance. :pray: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I’d use relion prime or premier from Walmart, $18 per hundred. I’ve used them for years. Accuracy is very good, but not quite contour level. I’ve also used contour next one, but it is more expensive, even the eBay strips. ( I am on high-deductible insurance, so I pay cash with no insurance participation).

3 Likes

Same here. I am a new convert to the Contour One. Bayer actually offers a discount card. I think it is $15 for 100 strips. Not sure of the details as I only just signed up today.

4 Likes

PLEASE PLEASE, when you do get the details, tell all of us!!! :heart:

1 Like

@daisymae:

While this may not include all of the information you are seeking, here is the FAQ from the Contiur Next discount card:

https://www.contournext.com/meters-and-strips-savings/faqs/

Note: I don’t have/use one of these cards. I used to use Contour Next strips with my G5, but no longer get them on Medicare with my Dexcom G6 coverage. Fortunately, I’m one of the lucky one for whom the G6 is pretty accurate with minimal calibration.

Stay safe!

John

4 Likes

Thank You John. I read the info, but despite the discount with the Contour card, the price from purchasing this through my pharmacy is astronomical. Something like $1,300 for 900 strips (3 month supply). I pay about $200 for 600 strips on AMZ. I think that works out better financially. I’m no good at math, so please correct me if I am wrong here !

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I thought that the Contour card works is that you only pay $15 per order (eg. 100 strips), but I think you are right, it is only a $15 discount OFF of whatever the pharmacy charges! I will see in the next few days how it works once I get my meter and have a chance to pick up some strips from the pharmacy though!!

CASH PATIENTS pay the first $15 and can save up to $66 on 100 count test strips. Excludes 15, 35 and 70 count over the counter test strips. PATIENTS are responsible for any remaining balance after discount is applied. Patients pay all applicable taxes and fees.

2 Likes

I brought the card over to my pharmacy today and they had never seen one of these before…meaning there was mass confusion behind the counter. They are going to contact my endo (to get the prescription) and will let me know how much my co pay will be. They were interpreting this statement as saying my co-pay will likely be $15 for 100 strips…but would not commit until they run everything through the the computer, which they can’t do until they get the prescription. Since I already have heard many times from my insurance that CN strips are not covered, it’s anybody’s guess how this will all work out.

“ELIGIBLE PRIVATELY INSURED PATIENTS pay the first $15 and can save up to $105 of remaining copay based upon prescription quantity and insurance coverage.”

I also saw this on the card that is a little confusing to me (easily confused by red tape):
“RESTRICTIONS: Offer not valid for prescriptions reimbursed under Medicaid, Medicare drug benefit plan, Tricare or other federal or state health programs (i.e. medical assistance programs). If patient is eligible for drug benefits under any such program, offer not valid.

2 Likes

I’m on Medicare, so this would disqualify me right off the bat. Too bad.

1 Like

I just want to repeat something I mentioned earlier: Medicare does pick up a large portion of my strips; for 900 strips, my co-pay is around $50 every 3 months. Pretty darn good. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes that is a good deal. Back when CN strips were easy to buy on the internet for cash I did not care too much that my insurer refuses to cover CN strips, I just accepted it and dipped into my wallet to pay cash. For some weird reason I am actually looking forward to going on Medicare…18 months to go and I am IN. That is even though I have good private insurance. Probably just a grass is greener attitude because I have grown very familiar with all the ins and outs of my insurer, ready for a change.

2 Likes

Do you have an update on this, John? I tried out my new Contour Next One meter today and it was great, a BG of 94 versus BG 95 on Dexcom!

I want to buy test strips, but like you, my insurance doesn’t cover Contour Next strips. Amazon also isn’t selling them. I have the Discount card but it looks like for CASH PATIENTS it only pays the FIRST $15 on the 100ct pack of test strips. The pharmacies seem to have this figured out! I checked around and boy is there a huge markup for the 100ct! Eg., CVS charges $20 for 35ct, but $143 for 100ct! Crazy! Walgreens is similar. Walmart has a better price at $43 for 100ct, but they don’t seem to offer it in store, so no discount!

@daisymae Do you have a link for the strips on Amazon? Thanks!

1 Like

The 300 pak is $295 Canadian with shipping at Amazon.ca

1 Like