Where do you find Contour Next test strips these days?

I also got from ebay, exp 2/28/22.

Your previous post said you had same exp date.

2 Likes

Thanks! For some reason I was thinking it was 2021! I guess Iā€™m really just looking forward to 2021 and hopefully more normal times!

1 Like

We got our Walmart.com test strips, and they worked fine and had acceptable expiration dates - 02/28/2022. So I can confirm that while this is a bit more than they used to be, it is still a good place to purchase.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve also been satisfied with the Walmart site for ordering Contour Next strips. Received my 300 strips for $110 plus sales tax (over 10% for meā€¦thanks state of WA!) Iā€™ve already intermingled them with my stockpiled strips so not sure what the expiration date is.

The Contour Next discount card still baffles my pharmacy. I have a new prescription for CN strips but my friendly pharmacist has not been able to process the discount because the CN strips are not listed on my insurer formulary so he is ā€œstuck.ā€ Itā€™s likely Iā€™ll give up on the copay discount card for a while rather than play phone tag with my insurer over this one.

3 Likes

I have been buying mine from Diabetic Warehouse. Prices are always good and I never have to pay for shipping. Here is the link for the Contour Next test strips 200ctā€¦ https://www.diabeticwarehouse.org/collections/diabetic-test-strips/products/contour-next-test-strips-200ct

1 Like

The link to Walmart options provides much lower prices compared to Diabetic Warehouse.

For example, 600 strips for $109 plus shipping at Pharma Frills, vs Diabetic Warehouse 200 strips for $110.

I was able to order the 600 strips for $109, from Pharms Frills on 6/7, but this option now shows out of stock. Iā€™m guessing lower cost is for strips closer to expiration date, so availability for lower cost will vary.
A different supplier shows 600 for $167 on 6/9.

3 Likes

Sometimes you do find great deals from 3rd party sellers on Walmart or Amazon, but almost always it is because the expiration dates are very close to expiration.

1 Like

Agree. But I have used expired strips frequently and found them to still be accurate.

3 Likes

Indeed, the ones we used today are June 2020, so two years expired. The numbers they gave matched closely to the blood (venous) glucose levels the lab pulled from my wife; within the +/-15% limit.

1 Like