What Account # are they looking for here? - Dexcom Sensor Replacement Form

You build a “stash” by restarting each and every sensor. A few days here a day or two there and that adds up. But I’m out. Your tone seems hostile and I don’t need that. Good luck, just hope you don’t poison the well for the rest of us.

Peace out! You must just not know me yet. :slight_smile:

The well will only be poisoned if folks do things are are NOT permitted. This is a permitted and accepted practice so there is no poison. Your view of it also doesn’t make it poison.

Don’t see your response to the gas mileage issue. Maybe you could repost.

I won’t post it a third time. Peace

What is permitted and what is reasonable are two different things. At some point abuse of the system MAY result in tightening of the policy IMHO. I am just trying to look at from the manufacturer’s POV.

A subjective term. What isn’t subjective though are those things that are “permitted”.

And I’m trying to look at it from a parent’s perspective who pays a LOT of money each year for health insurance and who has to have the best interests of MY SON in mind. If I let this slide every time then he has no CGM for 1 10 day period while I wait for the ability to order new supplies. I could care less how the big business views it. They’re not doing too bad. The CEO of Dexcom made 10+ million in salary last year.

What I care about is having a stash in the event unforseen circumstances occur and I’m unable to provide for my family. Everything else be damned in my view, as a parent of a young T1. You can’t get a stash if you let big business slide. Do they let me slide on paying my bill on time? Do they let me order early and often? No. Everything is regulated. Because of this, I’ll do what I feel is right for my son. Period. Point blank.

My son just started on the G6 so I have zero supplies built up. I’m sure the day will come when I have a good reserve and then I may let 1 to 12 hours slide, but not right now.

To move on, have you tried restarting your sensors? Over time this will gain you a stash.

There is a problem with developing a stash of sensors, which is you still need the transmitter life to keep using them. We replace all of our failed sensors, fortunately for us that is only like one - two per quarter. Can’t wait for the G7 when the transmitter nonsense goes away and the sensor either lasts or doesn’t last. Fingers crossed that they last and they find an adhesive formulation that doesn’t cause as many rashes.

1 Like

I have not yet, but I will. Right now we’re in only our third session and have been testing sensor code + calibrating, no sensor code + calibrating and we’ll be testing sensor code + no calibrating. Once we decide which way we want to move forward (probably no sensor code + calibration), we’ll work on getting extra life through the restarting mechanisms to also assist in building up a stash.

I haven’t checked this lately but both the G5 and G6 transmitters were able to be reset from my recollection, unless things have changed. I use the “reset” app and had no problem using this on my G5 transmitters.

Restarting Dexcom G6 Sensors/Transmitters

It does indicate, though, that the “new G6 Firefly” transmitters aren’t able to be reset (those that start with “8G”). Are those what we all receive in the US now? If the G6 transmitters can’t; indeed, be restarted then not much can be done about it. Having a stash of G6 sensors is that much LESS COST, though, in the event of something unforseen occurring and suddently having to go out of pocket for supplies…at least money would be saved on half the supplies needed.

1 Like

I have not tried to restart the transmitters as you can just purchase a new one for less than $100. I8 believe you are not restricted from purchasing one outright.

Cheapest I’ve seen is about $250 but much cheaper than a single sensor that lasts only 10 days.

I have not tried to restart the TRANSMITTERS as you can just purchase a new one for less than $100.

I suspect at this point it probably cost a few dollars to produce a sensor and probably costs more to ship than produce.

So honoring the 10 day guarantee isn’t breaking bank as well as makes for happy customers. As you say, 10 days means 10 days.

For me, I been lucky and never really had an issue with failed sensors, but when they do fail it was such a PIA calling Dexcom I stopped asking for replacements. More hassle than it was worth as well as I have quite a stash. Might try again since they seem to have really improved that process.

1 Like

Online via form takes literally 2 minutes. I just received my replacement for the one I had replaced.

1 Like

Interesting. I just asked my supplier about getting a spare transmitter and they said sure. Cost was $98. I thought that was cheap insurance.
I too have many months “stash” through restarting every sensor over a couple of years. That adds up and seems to work for me.

Who is offering such a deal on the transmitters. My quarterly bundle is $753, but doesn’t break out the transmitter cost.

I know you can purchase them through Costco with membership at steeply discounted rates. But I’m thinking more of …“what’s this going to cost in the event I lose my insurance.” But either way Transmitters are definitely cheaper than sensors so it’s worth stashing sensors.

Just checked Costco:

Exactly. Dexcom clearly states that only 95% of their sensors last 10 days - one in every twenty fail.

Car manufacturers invent, create, numbers for MPG with no respect to the fact that I live almost two miles down a gravel road (lots of songs about that) and that I have to drive very slowly because I’m fighting a very real war with my neighbors about who will stomp out and fill the potholes first.

And your point? I do not go and whine at Tata because my car doesn’t do the estimated mileage it might, if I lived in a real place, like Delhi.

Yet meanwhile my Dexcom G6 isn’t failing 1/20 yet when it does I whine. Dexcom replaces it every time.

That is not a cause for criticism of either Dexcom or, I assert, me. We live together, somewhat like wife and husband. Obviously if Dexcom tries to me I will react, perhaps disproportionately, but we have this relationship and, since the the disaster of mistress G4, it works.

Current line from Dexcom (as of a couple of months ago when I had problems with stone-age sensors from WalMart) is that they guarantee stuff from the moment it is delivered to you. So it is very important to use both in the order of delivery not, as I was doing, the order of expiration date; the latter is garbage, they guarantee solely on date of delivery.

That said, transmitters have a battery and it basically degrades. I do exactly what @claudndaye suggests but for different reasons; I really want to use a transmitter with a fresh battery so building up a stock is not something I want to do.

1 Like

Wow…so easy. Just requested a replacement and within hour replacement confirmed. Yay Dexcom for drastically improving the process!

3 Likes