What Account # are they looking for here? - Dexcom Sensor Replacement Form

There is a field (below) that I’m not sure what it’s asking me for here.

What Account Number?

I’m talking about this form.

We are at 9 days, 23 hours and we’ve had a sensor error now for going on 2 hours, so naturally, we’re going to get a replacement for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need an account # to fill it out

2 Likes

Aye, I see it’s not a mandatory field, but would still love to know what it is! I don’t have an “Account #” with my Dexcom account that I’m aware of.

1 Like

I am guessing they have assigned an account number to your son, but I couldn’t find one when looking around on Clarity. So I have no idea how you would find out other than asking when you are on the phone with them.

1 Like

So far as I can tell from the web pages they don’t create an account number until you order directly from them, well, more precisely, it appears that an account is created if you add a payment method (I didn’t try it, I just examined the JavaScript). So you can log in to your account on https://www.dexcom.com and, yea, there ain’t no damned account number.

If you want to spend a fun half day ring them up and ask how to find your account number; don’t give in to the “you don’t need it” story, ask for a supervisor, sip a beer, lie back and think of America.

3 Likes

I have to admit I’ve given up on that (I’m in the US); I’ve hit my OOPMax which means I don’t pay any more money this year not to die so when the sensor starts acting erratic and has gotten annoying I junk it. I can re-order sensors every 25 days so given that they average a little more than 9 days I can keep ahead. It does help to boost the supply initially by getting the replacements, but it is half an hour on the phone.

I don’t calibrate; I did that with the G4, it was a disaster (sensors did not last 48 hours). Never again.

1 Like

I just spent 5 min on the website and put in my order. No need to talk to anyone.

5 Likes

When you receive your order look at the enclosed printed invoice. Your account number is probably on it. I have my Dexcom account number stashed away with the userid & password to my account.

3 Likes

You triggered me to look for our last bill, and printed on that bill is our account number. Thank you.

2 Likes

Now that’s cool!

2 Likes

cntrl-shift-i, works here too; hit the X at the top right to escape from the maze of twisty passages all alike. Alternatively click on the “Console” tab to see all the problems. I particularly like:

ember_jquery-36a23101c869ab0dc53fc908de69adb785731593573d32bdeef416acc1076ef4.br.js:1 Refused to set the document’s base URI to ‘What Account # are they looking for here? - Dexcom Sensor Replacement Form - #9 by Chris’ because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: “base-uri ‘none’”.

Go figure… The Dexcom clue was that the account number field was linked to a url to set up an account…

In fact that seems reasonable; the account number is specific to payments and so they only want it if the sensor was bought (directly) from them. The bug is that they don’t suffix the account number field with “if you bought it from us.”

1 Like

Sensors are supposed to last 10 days and yours lasted 9 days and 23 hours. You want a replacement? Seems odd but that’s just me.

Question for you. Is 9 days and 23 hours = 10 days? Answer that question and it may no longer sound odd. If you do answer that question and it still sounds odd, then ask yourself how much these each cost? With insurance and without it. Then ask yourself why these things are so expensive? Then, on top of that, how many are we allowed to own at once?
They restrict owning just a specific amount such that if you don’t get full use out of each one, you run out before you’re allowed to order new ones. Once those questions are considered it may sound less odd to you… But if not, that’s ok.

Folks are being priced out of life in our country. When something is supposed to last a certain amount of time and it doesn’t, you better believe I’m going to get a replacement 100% of the time because it’s my right to do so. 10 days, 3 days, 1 day or 1 hour before it’s set to expire.

Hopefully things make more sense now. :slight_smile: Might sound trivial to some, but you don’t build a stash by letting supplies last less time than they should last.

3 Likes

Before changing at the end of 2020, I used Medtronic’s CGM for 6 years. Initially, Medtronic would replace any sensor which failed before its expected usage period. Before I changed to Dexcom, one of the things Medtronic did which irritated me was (apparently) changed that policy to only replacing a sensor which failed before the last two days of use.

I think Dexcom’s continued commitment to replacing a failed sensor is one of the reasons for their success. On the other hand, it also is no doubt expensive for Dexcom to do this. While I don’t expect Dexcom to change their position in the near future, I also wouldn’t expect it to continue unchanged forever.

My outlook on this is to wait and see what happens after the G7 is released.

Not surprisingly, that’s also my position on Medtronic. I’ll wait and see what, if anything, changes with Medtronic if they release a CGM sensor that changes from the path they’ve followed since introducing the Enlite CGM. Lord knows, they are well past time to make some changes. But that alone is no guarantee that a change for the better will happen.

1 Like

I still don’t understand what you are getting at. It seems abusing the replacement program will end up punishing us all.

Seems to me that if a sensor fails before the full 10 days they should send a new one for free, but they should book a credit for the time the sensor did work. So if the sensor failed after 9 days, they send a sensor and have a credit of 9 days. The next time, if the sensor fails after 8 days, they don’t send another sensor, but their credit drops to 7 days. And so on. It seems to me that this way is fair to both. I’m with ClaudnDaye that they can’t just stiff us if a sensor fails early, because then we’ll run out of sensors.

1 Like

One hour short of the promised life is really splitting hairs. Do you ask your car manufacturer for money back each time it fails to reach the estimated mpg?

If they would give me money back, yes. Since they don’t, I can’t. But you can view it how you like. In my mind it’s simple…the life is promised to be 10 days. Nothing shorter. Period.

I also don’t “settle” when fast food / or sit-down restaurants screw up my orders. I paid for something and I expect it.

I don’t care if someone doesn’t like what I do. I pay for 10 days and I’ll get the full 10 days or I’ll get the replacement…as promised by the company.

If you don’t like the practice @WntrMute2, I recommend you NOT do it. :wink:

1 Like

Wow. Nothing like a little hostility to get folks to support your position. Awaiting your response on your cars gas mileage. To be clear, I am no advocating allowing Dexcom to get off on failed sensors but you seem to be gaming the system will PROBABLY backfire in the future.

I responded…will post it again here for you…

Not trying to be hostile with you. You asked me why I did it, I told you. I’m not requesting you approve of it. But I explained why I do it. Because I pay for 10 days, nothing less.

There’s no “gaming” anything. 10 days is 10 days. Period. Whether it failed 9 days before expiration or 1 hour before expiration it makes no difference to me…I didn’t get the full 10 days I was promised so I will most definitely request a replacement.

If it makes you or anyone else uncomfortable then I strongly recommend you not engaging in the practice, as I’ve stated already.

1 Like