Welcome, introduce yourself here!

Welcome! Is dragon your real name?

1 Like

That is what comes from only using a small phone screen :slight_smile:

Dragan, so glad to see you here, it is GREAT!

[EDIT] btw, Dragan, I love your profile pic!

Welcome @dm61 (Dragan)!

1 Like

Hey @CatLady, @TiaG, @Chris, @Sam, @Michel, @ClaudnDaye, everyoneā€¦, good to ā€œseeā€ you all. The name is Dragan (which happens to be a fairly common Serbian first name) but, largely thanks to spelling checkers, I do get to be :dragon: a lot, fine with me :wink:

7 Likes

Hi Dragan! I have read a lot of your flatliner posts! I would like to do loop like you but I need a tubeless pump for swimming and sports.

4 Likes

Hello Dragan. Good to have you here!

4 Likes

Hi Iā€™m rob - live in New York - 47 yrs old - type 1 since 13 - good type 1 until I got to college at 18 then a really bad one (not testing as opposed to bad eating for 12 yes at least - waiting for the inevitable side effects that my years of stupidlity will create)
Came to US in 2001 - trying to be a good diabetic since about 2005
Use a cgm now which has transformed my life - current a1c of around 6.3
Currently taking tresiba (20) humalog and also experimenting with my doctor on trulicity (1.5) - main istruggle with aggressive and somewhat unreliable peak basal during most of day (7am to 5pm) which drives up my humalog even when fasting (5 units every 3 hrs)
For years I dealt with it by having a higher Lantus dose which suppressed my daily peak but caused lots of lows in evening
Trulicity seems to be having a good effect on my peak as it has reduced it to 3 every 3hrs and also itā€™s slowed the rise after eating to nothing - doctor says the trulicity can help to reduce the amount of glucagon your liver processes which r duces your basal needs

6 Likes

@Robellengold Hi Rob, welcome to FUD!

1 Like

Hi, Rob, and welcome! Your experience with Trulicity is very interestingā€“keep us posted (no pun intended).

1 Like

Welcome Rob, glad to see you here!

1 Like

Welcome @Robellengold! Great to have you here and you have a terrific A1C! Iā€™m father to a T1 toddler who was diagnosed 1.5 years ago, at just over 2. It is amazing how the CGM helpsā€¦itā€™s really indescribable. Not only physically, but psychologically, emotionally - every way imaginable. Are you on MDI or are you using pump technology?

Welcome again! Itā€™s great to you have you!

1 Like

Hey Rob, New York City, or New York State? Glad you found us?

1 Like

Hi Rob! Glad you could join us. This is the place!

Hi - Iā€™m mdi but considering a pump - yes I agree - I think it should be mandatory for children now - when you have to test your blood with th finger prick itā€™s very easy to get into the habit of predicting your results or just putting it out of your head - when you have the cgm itā€™s right there all the time and without even trying that hard you start to eat differently and manage it better - I couldnā€™t manage without it now I think

4 Likes

Welcome Rob.

1 Like

Hi Rob!

2 Likes

@Robellengold, it is GREAT to see you join us! You may want to add your D years on this thread!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Trulicity

Hi! My name is Sarah, my daughter who has type1 is named Annabelle. She is the only person in our families to have type1, so this has been a whole new world to us, but I have found this forum to be very helpful already, I wish I would have thought about this kind of way to learn earlier!

Annabelle was diagnosed with type1 on Feb 15th 2016 when she was just about 21 months old. She had been drinking a lot and going through dozens of diapers a day. Of course I looked to good ole Google to look up symptoms and found it was most likely diabetes. When I took her into the doctors a couple days later they found her BG was 400 so we were sent to the hospital right away. We were admitited just 3 days before our family was going to leave on a trip to Disney World. Talk about getting tossed to the wolves! The trip was actually a lot of fun and a good way for us to get acclimated with our new lifestyle.

We are working with the Animas Ping Pump and the Dexcom G5 CGM which both I am loving. Iā€™m so thankful for all the advancements and the new research and products have really made me hopeful!

Anyway, hope you have a good day!

7 Likes

Welcome here Sarah. Everyone here is a great resource!

2 Likes