Wanting to try again

Hello everyone. I started posting here a little over a year ago when I started using dexcom g6. I tried using xdrip+ but could never get it to work with my phone consistently. Ive been reading some about people able to use xdrip and other apps with their android phones and also their smartwatches. I finally gave up and just have been using dexcoms app with my phone. Ive also switched to the tandem tslim pump which also links to the dexcom. What I’m wanting to do is be able to link my watch to it all as well. I’m open to trying xdrip again if I need to. My phone is operating on Android 10,my watch is a Samsung galaxy watch. If in fact I am able to do this using other software, will it interfere with my tandem pump also communicating with the dexcom g6? Any help and information would be awesome.

3 Likes

Hi @rscott1972 I think at the time you tried xDrip+ was when a lot of people were having problems with Android 10. Those problems have been resolved, so just make sure you use the latest nightly apk.

You won’t run into conflicts with your Samsung watch and tslim, because they can’t talk to each other as the watch can’t connect to the transmitter. But with that watch you’ll only get display, not stand alone capabilities. And, as you said, other software is involved.

Let me know if you need help getting xDrip+ going.

3 Likes

I appreciate your response @docslotnick. I did download xdrip and started it. It worked for a few minutes and then started having connection issues and would not give readings. During the time I was messing with it, it did disconnect from my tslim. I had to start a new sensor because my pump would not allow a restart. I’m guessing it just wasn’t meant to be. I’ve been doing alot of reading and watching videos. I would love to be able to get away from dexcom software but I guess it just isn’t gonna happen since the pump also has to communicate with the sensor. Wish it were simple. Thanks again.

1 Like

Did you uninstall G6 app from phone? I think only one phone and one device can be paired with transmitter.

I use tandem pump as receiver, and xDrip on android phone and works great.
I also use T:connect app on phone, which displays pump info, along with cgm data already sent to pump. So t:connect is paired with pump, not transmitter.

1 Like

Yes I uninstalled dexcom from phone before. The pump has to be connected to the transmitter via Bluetooth in order for the pump to function.

1 Like

Correct, and is independent of phone bluetooth connection.

Sorry it’s not working for you, If you haven’t checked out T:connect app, should check it out.
Between that and fitbit watch, I get quick access to info I need, without having to check pump.

1 Like

I have used the t connect app. There are problems with this app staying connected to my pump. It constantly loses connection to my pump and keeping me logged in. I was really looking for a replacement of the dexcom g6 app that would not interfere with my tslim pump. I know there are ways to use Samsung galaxy watch with xdrip+ and nightwatch. Guess I’ll stick with what I’ve been using. Thanks for the help.

1 Like