New on x drip

Hi! Just bought an s10 for us and dexcom g6 down not work. Ive downloaded xdrip app but im not getting any numbers. Swnsor is connected to an older phone for now but i dont want to carry 2 phones… help!

1 Like

Did you enter transmitter id in xDrip, and select Using G6 in the debug settings?

1 Like

Hi @Yery Welcome to FUD!

Assuming you’ve set everything ccorrectly, and it’s still not working, there have been some connectivity problems with the s10 and s10+. From only receiving while the screen is on to no connection at all.

If you Google “xDrip and Samsung s10” you’ll get a lot of tips on making it work.

2 Likes

Hi docslotnick. New on FUDiabetes as of today. T1D for 50+ years. Use Medtronic Paradigm pump and Dexcom G5 CGM. Trying to get started on Xdrip.

Is it possible to use Dexcom app on receiver and Xdrip on android (pixel2) phone at the same time? Would love to compare readings and decide which is more accurate for me. And still trying to figure out how to get started on Xdrip. Mayne today will be ready to try. It has so many advantages.

Thanks

@RCA221 Welcome to FUD! I’ve been “lucky” to have diabetes for 48 years. No pump, but fully involved with xDrip+.

It’s completely possible to run the receiver and xDrip+ on your phone at the same time. I run a smartwatch as collector, the phone ( not connected to the transmitter) and the receiver simultaneously. Never had a problem. XDrip+ also has a “native” mode that you can run where the calculations are taken from the transmitter, the same calculations the receiver gets.

With xDrip+, just download a copy, run the Startup wizard, and you’ll be going! If you need assistance just let me know!

Thanks so much. I will try to figure things out but I’m sure I will get back to you if I get totally stuck.
I plan on leaving Dexcom 5 running on my receiver and trying to establish Xdrip on my phone. If it works Do you know of a web page that shows standard settings for Xdrip for Dexcon G5? Might as well give it a try now as long as I keep getting readings on my receiver. Amazing how addictive the CGM has become. Lived without it for 50 years but now can’t live without it for even two hours.

@RCA221 If you use the Setup Wizard it will automatically put the right settings in. When you put in your transmitter number with the G5 already running, I think xDrip+ should pick right up.

Thanks, I’ve noticed that you emphasize using Setup Wizard. Do you know if I have to uninstall Dexcom mobile first or can I simply force stop it? After this I will try it. Thanks so much.

@RCA221 Yes, uninstall the Dexcom mobile app before installing xDrip+. Running both on the same phone is highly problematic.

You should get the setup wizard in xDrip+ after you go through the legal screens.

Thanks. it’s running now. Just pressed setup wizard and waiting for more data. So excited :slight_smile:

Hi,

I just joined this group, I have been on TuDiabetes for a few years. I am celebrating 54 years T1D!

This is very timely, I just got a Galaxy smart watch and wanted to get my CGM readings on it, and I have a Samsung s10+ phone. I was trying to get xdrip+ to run alonside of the Dex app (ran into the same issue above, it would read a few values and stop), but I see now that is not possible. I guess if I do not have the Dex app on my phone then there is no need for Clarity or follow app?

Can I run setup from the download, or do I have to download it again?

Thanks,
Mike