Upgrading my tandem pump software - ended up with a new pump

I have to migrate to the G7 and that requires a new piece of software for my tandem x2 pump. For some reason my existing pump would not accept the software update - it kept insisting the pump software was up to date. So I called Tandem tech support and spent about 45 minutes with an exceedlingly nice tech who tried to troubleshoot everything about my setup. Still not getting the software to update the pump, so she sent me a new pump, and I sent her back the old one.

I have always had good experience with tandem tech support, but here’s my question … I get the new pump and it already has the new software on it, so I can move to the Dexcom G7 now, but the tandem folks tell me I now have a new software update available. So I tried to download that software to this new pump and the same thing happens with the downloader program - it tells me that my pump is up to date!

Maybe some of you have had this problem and there might be another fix to it than getting a new pump? Not critical now … but just wondering if there’s some thing I’m not doing that could make this go smoother ???

2 Likes

I don’t know but you might try and see what version of software you have. It might be standard protocol to have you check for updates.

On your pump navgate to:

My Pump -->Pump Info and scroll down to t slim software and see if you are on v.7.8

2 Likes

Thanks Jim - good idea - I am on v 7.8, so the mistake was in Tandem thinking I needed to update my pump - it’s already updated.

3 Likes

You can be absolutely sure- go to my CGM, scroll down it should say at the bottom "change sensor type. It won’t do anything unless you’re starting a new sensor.

I was able to do the update ok. I have an endo visit tomorrow and will request being prescribed G7.

1 Like

@bostrav59,
Can you explain the “have to” part? Is it because of insurance, is it because of Tandem?

Why do you have to?

I am nervous about being forced at some point.

Whenever I’ve upgraded software related to CGMs, I’ve had to do supplemental training to basically be approved to use it. Maybe that’s what’s up? The software is up to date because it was shipped with the software pre-installed, but your training in Tandem’s records might not be? If you’re getting the notification on your Tandem Source account, might be worth one more call.

1 Like