Tandem let me update my old pump

I was pleasantly surprised when I updated the software in my Tandem Tslim X2 pump that my older out-of-warranty pump also appeared on the list of possible pumps to be updated. Woke it up and plugged it in, and the update worked. So now it can use the G7, and that makes it much more useful as my backup pump. Previously Tandem did not let me update the out-of-warranty pump.

9 Likes

Congratulations. I just logged into the tandem site and they show my out-of-warranty t:slim X2 with a legend that this pump is not eligible for software upgrades.

Maybe it’s because you still have an in-warranty pump. In my case, I have a perfectly fine X2 with Basal IQ software that only works with the Dexcom G6, and there’s no way for me to enable the G7 or to get Control IQ. This, plus the restricted choice of infusion sets, has me thoroughly convinced that I will never buy another pump from them ever again.

3 Likes

Ouch!

My pump is definitely out of warranty. So it’s a mystery to me that I could upgrade and you cannot. Somebody at Tandem knows the answer to that, but good luck finding them.

3 Likes

When I log in, it shows updates for my current and a separate one for my older pump (warranty ended in 2021, but it still allows for an update.)

2 Likes

Based on a sample size of 2, it seems that if you have any pump that is still under warranty, they allow you to update your out-of-warranty pumps too.

2 Likes

I had a pump under warranty that could not do the G7 software update, so Tandem sent me a new pump with the new software on it. Just a related story. Tandem’s issues remind me how complicated this stuff is. Especially with new versions of operating systems coming out all the time too. It’s hard for a smaller company to keep up.

1 Like

@bkh that explains it. I have a new pump under warranty. Good luck finding anything better than the T2 or a company with fewer problems than Tandem.

1 Like