Unlimited photos

I had to watch it because I was curious and I cracked up laughing. The dramatics and acting WOW! And that plot twist at the end!!! I didn’t see that coming!

3 Likes

Yes the 80s were a passionate decade in music. I don’t even really understand what happens there at the end… it appears she makes out with Stan Lee in an alley and is born again Asian in the process. I’m trying to find the other Marvel links.

My favorite part is when she plays the saxophone

3 Likes

I think my favorite is the “dancing” in the “rain”

The saxophone did crack me up tho!

2 Likes

If this isn’t how you play saxophone— you’re doing it wrong.

6 Likes

My son made this for me as a birthday present. It was from a race a while ago.

I thought it was really cool so I wanted to share it.

13 Likes

Looks like you are one of the super heroes from the show The Boys. I hope you are a nice one.

Edit, cool art work.

4 Likes

@Eric super cool image! Reminds me of Ghost Rider with Nicholas Cage

4 Likes

San Francisco rising through the fog on election day like Atlantis rising from the sea

11 Likes

Emergency / disaster response personnel and equipment enroute to Haines, AK today… Captain Sam in charge

13 Likes

Safe voyages!

3 Likes

My impromptu 2020 project…today I finished leveling the framing on a 50 year old post and beam house. A milestone for my retirement house if I can finish. This renovation has been the main event of my 2020. In my wildest dreams I never thought I would take something like this on solo. Just me and my CGM measuring twice.

13 Likes

Well for whatever it’s worth Id never had a shadow of a doubt you could do that and do it well

5 Likes

Congrats @John58! That is great!

I love that you put the year in the concrete. :+1:

3 Likes

Cool photo’s. So what did you do, use the jacks to raise the beam back to level and then raise the foundation with concrete?

2 Likes

You should see my wife’s eye rolls when I recount the play-by-play…it’s too intensely boring to list all the steps but here are a few:

• First I demo’d the first floor down to the studs and subfloor. This removed some weight but more importantly improved the flexibility of the framing by removing drywall, interior doors etc.

• The subfloor is 2x8 tongue and groove car decking. There are no joists as typically seen with a plywood subfloor. There are beams every 4 feet below the car deck which are supported on posts. I used a laser level going room to room to decide where the low spots were and how much to raise. Then I brought the laser down to the crawlspace to fine tune as I proceeded.

• All of the lifting was done in the crawlspace using a 20 ton hydraulic jack. The second picture shows screw jacks which temporarily hold beams in place after they were lifted (for instance where I wanted to add or replace a post). I discovered that the car decking was stiff enough to lift large areas up off of their footings…if I jacked a beam up I would then check all the posts within about 10-12 feet and install new post bases to resupport those.

• Around the perimeter of the house the walls sit on top of the old concrete foundation. I first had to convince myself that the concrete foundation was OK. Then I lifted those perimeter walls and ended up with a gap between the bottom of the wood wall and the top of the concrete. That gap was filled with “non shrink grout” which was memorialized with “2020” and is now setting. After it’s strong enough, I release the temporary supports and that grout holds the walls in their now level position.

• Next steps are screwing the car decking down to the beams (it’s nailed now) to minimize squeaks followed by seismic retrofit of the perimeter walls which involves sheathing with plywood to improve strength and anchoring with steel brackets.

I’ve got a long way to go and this first step took about 5 or 10 times longer than it would have had I hired a helper or contracted it out. I don’t want to fool anybody into thinking I worked 12 hour days on this either…more like half that (my brain got tired before my shoulders). But I enjoyed staying productive while hunkering down…crawling around carrying buckets of concrete was a good way to invent my own cross fit workout.

10 Likes

Doesn’t take much insulin to cover lunch when your doing that kind of work. I have experience crawling around a crawl space and my BS drops like a rock with much insulin on board.

It will be fun to see updates as you make progress!

4 Likes

Yep same here. Smartest move I made on this was first I hired a crawlspace cleanout company to clean everything out of there and remove the old insulation, put down new black plastic. So at least I was sweating and cussing in a clean crawlspace.

6 Likes

How’d you like to be on a ship from a third world country, barely speaking any English… in the pitch black of night half scared out of your mind because you have no idea what the mess of narrow waterways you’re approaching is when this guy comes climbing a rope ladder over the side or repelling out of a helicopter onto the deck and just says “Captain, I’m ready to take control”

9 Likes

Did he mean of your diabetes !?!?

8 Likes

lol… I actually got a good laugh from that

5 Likes