Unlimited photos

Me and my severely autistic son, sharing a rare moment of shared understanding that we were doing something cool at the controls of a big ship together…

diabetes doesn’t enter the equation at times like these

26 Likes

@Sam that is a great pic! One day that will be a father’s day gift back to you.

6 Likes

Thanks. My daughter is a natural shiphandler too!

19 Likes

image I remember once she was with me on the day illustrated below… I had been pretty stressed all day because I had to back a big ship into a narrow slip in these conditions and she just grabbed me by the hand and said, “dad, you’re a really good captain”

That certainly hit the spot at the moment. She’s a very good chief mate :wink:

14 Likes

Better than good if she calmed your nerves. The Best!

5 Likes

First time wearing pump in the pool :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Nice dexcom overpatch, very colorful. Did the pump survive? Assuming it did since you didn’t post any dammit posts.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s a pumppeelz patch. I like them a lot and am looking to showing them and my sensors off this summer

:joy: you assumed correct - pump survived. It definitely was a weird feeling going swimming with it since I’ve avoided getting prior pumps wet for the past 14 years

4 Likes

Believe it or not, I find this type of back breaking landscape work to be fun!
The “unlimited” rock pile:
rock%20pile%20July%202019
The partially completed project…every rock was hand delivered via wheelbarrow through the black pipe or via 5 gallon bucket down the stairs and into the gabion baskets:

The selfie after a long day as a beast of burden:

14 Likes

That looks like a BIG workout!

Also, your place looks like it is probably beautiful! We live in the country also - wouldn’t trade it for the world.

6 Likes

That is a LOT of rocks! And I remember not minding sliding down stuff like that as a kid (try to avoid as an adult). My grandmother would say “bumpity bumpity bump” as I went down the stairs or whatever and I got the biggest kick out of it. I’m glad there are still kids sailing down rock piles out in the world. Looks like fun!

Also @Sam I managed to miss your boat photos with the kids back in May - but thanks for sharing! It’s really cool they get to see you at work! And test out captaining!

6 Likes

A recent conversation brought this back to mind, so I wanted to share it.

Younger days, fun and unlimited!

(Don’t worry, I won’t share the pics that I don’t have permission to share! :grinning:)

This is young Allison! :heart:

And this is me when I was 18, so just a couple of years ago.

14 Likes

I am a LADA, and sometimes when I get down about it, I realize how very lucky I am that I was able to experience so much of my life without diabetes!
Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

I experienced almost all of it with diabetes. And I also feel very lucky! :+1:

7 Likes

He can fly! I knew he was superman.

3 Likes

The “Name this Unlimited Contest” was fun!
(Name This Unlimited)

But the picture also belongs here in the Unlimited Photos thread.

This is young @LarissaW, ready to blaze a 400 meter race.

Sweet Melissa Larissa
by The Allman Brothers Me!!

Grade school, seemed to come and go
Med school soon she’ll be my endo

Knowing all, forgetting none
Bearing sorrow, having fun

Angry eyes, watch her run
It’s sweet Larissa

6 Likes

Another awesome song, Eric. That’s one of my favorite Allman Brothers songs…oh and clever lyrics, too

3 Likes

:hugs:

just don’t ask me to run now or you’ll get these angry eyes :grin:

5 Likes

A close second to the “Sweet Larissa” song, was a song by Eric Carmen, called “Hungry Eyes”.

Which of course would have been changed to “Angry Eyes”!

I will just hold that one over your head. Behave yourself, or else you will get another. :wink:

2 Likes

You turd! I was going to post hungry eyes for her!

ETA… though I just watched the video and it’s a little too racy… wouldn’t want to creep her out

3 Likes