Unlimited photos

On the subject of jam and bacon…have you seen the movie “What If” with Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan? In it there was a very bizzare creation, including jam, peanut butter, bacon inside a loaf of Italian bread. I always considered peanut butter and jelly to be rather odd. Maybe it’s because I’m an immigrant and was an alien for a little while :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen that movie! But the bread sounds kind of interesting. Sweet and salty could work together. However, I’ve never been a fan of peanut butter and jelly. Peanut butter, yes. Jelly, yes. Not together.

2 Likes

The sweet and salty combo is so fashionable now!!! Sea salt caramel chocolate…that just sounds weird. There is also something with bacon and chocolate. I like both, but not together.

Decadently delectable!

Just like his old man, my son is also Unlimited.

10 Likes

@Eric Nice pic. They do grow up fast don’t they.
This is my youngest and I at a wedding a few weeks ago.

8 Likes

@lh378 now I’m hungry for an Elvis sandwich… maybe I’ll skip the banana (for the carbs) and just have a PB & Bacon sandwich…nom nom nom…

3 Likes

This is Samson & his older bro (and some random lady behind him) at the top of Vernal Falls in Yosemite. It was a 3-mile hike which isn’t so much, but it was steep and rocky. He was high. He was low. He was tired and said at points he wanted to head back. But he made it to the top and was blown away by how cool it was up there!

13 Likes

That is an awesome experience and picture. When my sons were young we started backpacking, and I remember many of those trips where he carried a teddy bear to a wilderness camp site. Nature is awesome!

4 Likes

What a great pic and a wonderful experience!

Winthrop%202018
Ice hockey outdoors in Winthrop, WA! Unlimited fun when teamed up with friends who are fellow oldish geezers. That’s me back row left, still wearing my G5 receiver under my sweater. Only had one “alarming” low during the tournament and treated with guzzled diluted Powerade, did not miss a shift.

12 Likes

That is fantastic! Really glad you aren’t letting any little thing like being old, get in your way. Of course on FUD, diabetes can’t possibly limit you! Nice Pic.

5 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Thanksgiving 2018: be a witness!

When your best friend sends you Chicago pizza for Christmas, what am I going to do? Not eat it?

Om nom nom.

7 Likes

As @Eric says - “use the Force”. Fine you will be, Allison. [When I have Lou’s pizza I double my IC ratio and bolus more than usual. I also use an extended bolus (60% upfront, 40% over 2.5 hours].

4 Likes

This is 2/3 of my offspring getting crazy creative with sugar of various colors, textures, and tastes. I tried to stay back, but I still managed a contact high. :grin:

14 Likes

10 degrees. 40 knot winds, approaching a narrow slip to back a 300 foot ship into. Blood sugar 120 and steady.

16 Likes

Mad skills… Amazing!

5 Likes

You do look a little too relaxed for the description, but nice job! Love the ski goggles. Windows open?

4 Likes

I do my panicking before it’s time to take the controls (when nobody is looking) then insist on being calm cool and collect when it’s go time. It’s important to me. The actual docking controls are outside on the bridge wings, exposed to the elements… my eyeball moisture would literally freeze in that level of wind and temps without the goggles…

9 Likes